Reefers Anonymous? Coral Addicts Anonymous

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'm DONE buying corals!!! (For now)

"My tank is too full and I'm NOT UPGRADING AGAIN!!!" (right now)

"Oh look! An email from TG! (SBB, ASD, LRO, RnB) Their ______ is 1/2 off! Ohhhh THAT'S been on my wishlist, forever!!!! There may be room on that credit card I keep in the drawer. Look!! Score!! I have rewards points not used! That's free shipping!!!" (Today)

We are all nuts! We can't stop! We need meetings! There is a power higher than us and we are powerless over it... And by that, I mean the ocean!

"Reefers Anonymous" has too many double meanings.
"Corals anonymous" is a store.
"Coral Addicts Anonymous??? (CAA?)"
"Friends of Nemo"

I used to save coral purchasing for my birthday and Xmas.
Then I bought myself a get well present, last spring.
THEN Hubby said, "If you like it, get it." To quote Brandon Hill, "Oh my land!" There went my slippery slope. (Not to mention the whole, "hey, hon, look at this 500g tank I found for sale online. Think we can stock it?".... Hold my beer/coffee/water.)
Now:
I made the resolution Monday: NO MORE until the tank is filled and cycling and we see what room we have.
Today: I found room on the card for TG on Wednesday. *Sigh* (and YAYYYYY!!! They have $50 off the elegance on my wishlist!!!!) oh... Ahem...

How long has your "I'm not buying corals" resolution lasted?

What's your best "break my resolution" deal?

When should we hold our meetings? We've kinda made a start during the zooanthids.com live sales Tuesdays & Saturdays... But that's like holding an AA meeting at the Elks Club.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1729000712797.png

JoJosReef

10kW Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'm DONE buying corals!!! (For now)

"My tank is too full and I'm NOT UPGRADING AGAIN!!!" (right now)

"Oh look! An email from TG! (SBB, ASD, LRO, RnB) Their ______ is 1/2 off! Ohhhh THAT'S been on my wishlist, forever!!!! There may be room on that credit card I keep in the drawer. Look!! Score!! I have rewards points not used! That's free shipping!!!" (Today)

We are all nuts! We can't stop! We need meetings! There is a power higher than us and we are powerless over it... And by that, I mean the ocean!

"Reefers Anonymous" has too many double meanings.
"Corals anonymous" is a store.
"Coral Addicts Anonymous??? (CAA?)"
"Friends of Nemo"

I used to save coral purchasing for my birthday and Xmas.
Then I bought myself a get well present, last spring.
THEN Hubby said, "If you like it, get it." To quote Brandon Hill, "Oh my land!" There went my slippery slope. (Not to mention the whole, "hey, hon, look at this 500g tank I found for sale online. Think we can stock it?".... Hold my beer/coffee/water.)
Now:
I made the resolution Monday: NO MORE until the tank is filled and cycling and we see what room we have.
Today: I found room on the card for TG on Wednesday. *Sigh* (and YAYYYYY!!! They have $50 off the elegance on my wishlist!!!!) oh... Ahem...

How long has your "I'm not buying corals" resolution lasted?

What's your best "break my resolution" deal?

When should we hold our meetings? We've kinda made a start during the zooanthids.com live sales Tuesdays & Saturdays... But that's like holding an AA meeting at the Elks Club.
Wait, where is this elegance of which you speak!? I don't have room for it. But maybe I can move something.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better to just admit we’re helpless against the pull of fresh coral in the tank…hence Corals Admittedly where always admit nothing except the corals :cool:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first step to knowing you have a problem buying coral is admitting you have a problem buying coral

Season 2 Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Then there’s no problem. I don’t have a priblem. Really…
1729008885968.gif

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've probably never started meetings because, like some NA meetings, we'd just pass on who the better dealers are! (Case and point, JoJo's & my post )
Lol every meeting
1000002649.gif

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back