Reputable source for predators

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering of any reputable online sources for predators such as eels lions triggers and others.

I am aware of Dr reef, Live aqauria divers den, quality marine and marine collectors. Just want to see if there are others.

Thanks

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DONT DO DR REEF. Bad experience, worst condition of fish Ive ever seen. I get my eels from Pete’s Aquariums, reef beauties, and violet aquarium. Also got a few from NY Fish n Corals (guy is on FB). I wouldnt go anywhere near Dr reef unless you want to try to nurse a rail thin predatory fish back to health (and it not make it). I really really like Violet Aquarium, they have a great selection, prices, and good customer service. Pete’s is okay, they sent me a really injured eel that was able to heal. I havnt had another weird instance like that from them but number one spot I recommend is violet aquarium!

OP
OP
Reef Wizard

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DONT DO DR REEF. Bad experience, worst condition of fish Ive ever seen. I get my eels from Pete’s Aquariums, reef beauties, and violet aquarium. Also got a few from NY Fish n Corals (guy is on FB). I wouldnt go anywhere near Dr reef unless you want to try to nurse a rail thin predatory fish back to health (and it not make it). I really really like Violet Aquarium, they have a great selection, prices, and good customer service. Pete’s is okay, they sent me a really injured eel that was able to heal. I havnt had another weird instance like that from them but number one spot I recommend is violet aquarium!
Thanks I will check them out!

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_6161.jpeg
    IMG_6161.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 26

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning everything out but as far as eels go id like
Snowflake eel
Fimbriated eel and or Blackedge eel.
Id like a volitan lionfish but not sure what else yet.
What size tank?? Just keep in mind the fimbriated is a bigger eel than the other two. Snowflakes tend to be more shy and are crustation eaters. The other two are fang tooth, they will eat fish and both seem to have a more aggressive temperament then some of the other eels! Doable but just something to keep in mind! Volitians are cool too just big. Maybe look into a dwarf lion? Those stay smaller and are far prettier in my opinion!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Salgado aquatics
NY Aquatics

OP
OP
Reef Wizard

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank?? Just keep in mind the fimbriated is a bigger eel than the other two. Snowflakes tend to be more shy and are crustation eaters. The other two are fang tooth, they will eat fish and both seem to have a more aggressive temperament then some of the other eels! Doable but just something to keep in mind! Volitians are cool too just big. Maybe look into a dwarf lion? Those stay smaller and are far prettier in my opinion!
It will be minium 125 but I'd like to swing a 180.

I really like a radiata lion as well but unsure about availability/ease of care

OP
OP
Reef Wizard

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading fimbriated is around 3 feet? Is it larger by a few inches or will it get bigger than that?

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading fimbriated is around 3 feet? Is it larger by a few inches or will it get bigger than that?
about a foot longer. The other two eels are 2 feet usually slightly smaller in the aquarium

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want fish that are quarantined and eating within a hr of being in the tank, then Elliot at marine collectors is who I would recommend. He doesn’t regularly carry predator fish for the most part. I’m sure he could get you whatever you want but you would have to reach out to him. I got 2 bellus and a flame angel from him and all are within 1 hr of being released in the DT. The other option is NY aquatic who also gets a lot of harder to source fish but you better have a separate QT

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want fish that are quarantined and eating within a hr of being in the tank, then Elliot at marine collectors is who I would recommend. He doesn’t regularly carry predator fish for the most part. I’m sure he could get you whatever you want but you would have to reach out to him. I got 2 bellus and a flame angel from him and all are within 1 hr of being released in the DT. The other option is NY aquatic who also gets a lot of harder to source fish but you better have a separate QT
Thats good to hear! Ive been looking at a sohal from them but never ordered from them before so I was hesitant

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back