Ricordea Florida doomed to die?

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys!

Have ordered a ricordea florida ultra green and orange/rainbow.

I do not have lot of experience with ricordea and all my mushrooms have always done well.

Anyway, The corals were shipped and delivered on the same day. However when opening the cup the ricordea’s looked white. Wasn’t too alarmed because it is the first time I buy those “fancy coloured” ricordea. But I have the idea they should not look like this and are kind of bleached. I would think this is related to lighting issue. Is it possible for them to bleach in 12 hours? (I suppose they were okay when made ready for shipment).

Any ideas if I would be able to keep them alive and have them back to their original color? They have been in a low flow/ low light area for 5 days but so far no real improvement noticed.

EDIT: I have multiple other ricordeas (yuma) in the tank which are doing very well and show amazing colours.
IMG_7605.jpeg IMG_7606.jpeg

george9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do look a bit bleached. It will take more than a few days for their color to return, probably more like a month or so before you start seeing some color come back if you leave them in low light. They're pretty hard to kill IME and I've had many bleach and look pretty rough make a complete recovery under an overhang in a shady area.

OP
OP
Euphyllia97

Euphyllia97

Empty wallet member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input! I was indeed thinking it would take some time. (Even like them bleached). I will just keep them in their spot and let nature do its thing then

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the florida rics are super hardy and I've had some bounce back from several weird injuries.

Back