Rock Flower Anemones

FishRForMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 8 flower anemones. I just found one baby on one of my rocks. Does anyone know if they reproduce the same color as themselves? Are they different sexes? How many babies do they reproduce at one time? I feed mine mysis shrimp when I feed my fish..... I love mine and would like to find different colors

The baby:

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! My understanding is they spawn. You need to have a male and a females in the tank in order to have babies. There is usually a lot of babies. I am sure you will see more. I imagine colors can be mixed from mom and dad. Not real sure on coloration though.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In term of what can be killing the rock nems? nothing I can think off like the bristle worms, fish, crabs......I saw the peppermint shrimp pulling/picking on 1 of the rock nem right at the mouth before the lights were on. That rock nem went down hill since....the second one, same thing.... I killed all the shrimps in the tank after that. The last one is recovering good now. I don't over feed so the shrimps are hungry all the time and I guess that what pushed them over the edge...
What else do you have in the tank?

demonspeedn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flower.jpg

Mine spawned a few weeks ago. Hoping I have a male/female combo.

Postal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The males broadcast spawn to fertilize the females who internally brood the young until they release them a couple months after the spawning event.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back