Saltwaterfish.com

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one a quick search will reveal a lot of problems. I've steered clear even though they seem to have a lot of livestock I've wanted.

OP
OP
Anthony Williams

Anthony Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-5 of my first order died in quarantine. I sent pics and got credit but scared to use it for another fish!!

Steve Maxwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious about the myself. I've had bad luck with LiveAquaria & Diver's Den...they've refunded me with no questions asked, but still...

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll just say it... Florida is a mecca of really bad online aquarium shops ranging from full fledged cons to just clueless. We have some good LFS across central FL but I don't know of a place in FL I would order fish from online. As far as corals there's a couple I might consider but that's it. And one of those counts as a LFS.

I generally try to buy fish locally but I have also bought more than a few online and they have all come from live aquaria/divers den with a 100% success rate. I don't like that they are now owned by Petco and charge sales tax but its the only place I really trust for fish. I had issues with a few corals, in the past, but they were promptly and satisfactorily handled.

The vast majority of stuff we keep in reef tanks comes from the Pacific and it makes sense to buy close to the source in CA vs. fish that have been bounced around with multiple shipping points. LFS is a somewhat different story in that you are at least seeing what your getting and they have already survived shipping and acclimation.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious about the myself. I've had bad luck with LiveAquaria & Diver's Den...they've refunded me with no questions asked, but still...

Would you mind sharing? I just posted about a weird experience with my delivery today in the vendor's section in response to someone's thread there.

Tateopotatoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although Up haven't ordered from either (shipping is so expensive!), both Vivid Aquariums and Tidal Gardens seem great and have amazing youtube channels.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

james983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vendors here on R2R are a better choice. If your looking for specimen fish I can tell you from experience, Colin from Zoa Collector is top notch.

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a few orders with that company, only had issues with the snails...all were DOA, they did t issue a credit. The fish and corals arrived alive and acclimated just fine.

Torchy Tom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made a few orders with Saltwarefish.com. I have probably gotten 10 fish in all from them. Of all the fish, only one was not healthy. It was an anthias and seemed a bit malnourished. Of the 10 fish, I only lost one, the sickly anthias. The only DOA I ever got from the was a Florida ricordea. They refunded the cost with proof of death. That being said, I have been for happier with the quality of fish from LiveAquaria. As for corals, I cannot sing enough praise for Reef Corner.

james lance

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had real good luck from saltwaterfish.com every thing I have ordered has been great I will order from them.

yassin.ghanem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ripped me off completely. They forgot part of my order, everything I did get was dead on arrival. I got refunded for the livestock and lost out on $40 shipping. They were supposed to resend and then deleted the support request and now they're not responding.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive honestly had great service with them on at least 10 different orders. Very healthy specimens and few DOA. Excellent packaging for sure.

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv ordered from them 4-5 times few doa but made it right every time. Makes you feel like your getting a deal when they give ya a free tang ect with a coupon and free shipping over 150 most the time. Will order from them again (when I get my new tank set up)

PurpleTreeSpiders

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal Angel that arrived today is doing great in QT eating like a pig and has a great personality. Glad I pulled the trigger on getting one from Reefwise. Hybrid flasher wrasse is doing good also. Little shy though.

Our flasher hybrid from @Reefwise was a bit shy for several weeks but now he rarely hides in his cavern. Comes right up to my hand at feeding time. The guys at reefwise are awesome!

OP
OP
Anthony Williams

Anthony Williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all of the advise here. Cleanup crew from saltwater fish is working great to clean up new algae after move of tank from a clients house.. Need some suggestions on what to add or subtract.. Two purple grammas died (one in quarantine/dip and one in tank), starfish died in tank, lawnmower died, damsel died in quarantine..

Here's what I have:

Have 120 Gallon w 40 Gallon Sump
2 Clownfish
Hippo Tang
Scopas Tang
Yellow Tang
Six Lined Wrasse
Blue Throated Trigger
Lawnmower Blenny
Three Stripe Damsel
Cleaners (snails, hermit, sand sifter star, tiger conch)
6 peppermint shrimp
20 different Conrals
Large Purple Tipped Anenome

DO YOU PRIORITIZE YOUR TANK AFTER A LONG DAY?

• Yes, my tank helps me with day-to-day stress relief.

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Yes, even if I don't feel like it.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • It depends on the day.

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • No, I'll try to save my "tank work" for a different day.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back