Stock limit for Fluval Flex 32.5

Jicklenop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been stocking my tank since the start of the year and I want to get some ideas on how near to the limit I am as i feel like I probably can't add any more. I'm really wanting to add either a lawnmower or bicolor blenny, or a Diamondback goby as I need some help with some algae as well as getting my sandbed turned over.

Anyway, what I have currently:

Pair of clowns
Yellow watchman goby and a candy cane shrimp
Firefish
Purple firefish
Tailspot blenny
Orange spot goby
Sixline wrasse
Royal gramma

Inverts if anyone cares to know:
2 blue legged hermits
A handful of trochus, Nassarius, astrea, and cerith snails
Conch
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald crab
Tuxedo urchin

I worry about adding another goby as there are already 2, but one of my pieces of rockwork has hardly anyone living in/under it so maybe there wouldn't be any issues with territory. The same would go for a blenny, there should be plenty of territory on that rock for it to make it's own. But I feel like I've got so many fish already and might be slightly overstocked, though my parameters are usually pretty good so long as I keep up on my water changes.

I just wanted to get a few thoughts, I've been leaning towards leaving things as is but I would love to add one of those if it seems like it would be viable. Thanks!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been stocking my tank since the start of the year and I want to get some ideas on how near to the limit I am as i feel like I probably can't add any more. I'm really wanting to add either a lawnmower or bicolor blenny, or a Diamondback goby as I need some help with some algae as well as getting my sandbed turned over.

Anyway, what I have currently:

Pair of clowns
Yellow watchman goby and a candy cane shrimp
Firefish
Purple firefish
Tailspot blenny
Orange spot goby
Sixline wrasse
Royal gramma

Inverts if anyone cares to know:
2 blue legged hermits
A handful of trochus, Nassarius, astrea, and cerith snails
Conch
Cleaner shrimp
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald crab
Tuxedo urchin

I worry about adding another goby as there are already 2, but one of my pieces of rockwork has hardly anyone living in/under it so maybe there wouldn't be any issues with territory. The same would go for a blenny, there should be plenty of territory on that rock for it to make it's own. But I feel like I've got so many fish already and might be slightly overstocked, though my parameters are usually pretty good so long as I keep up on my water changes.

I just wanted to get a few thoughts, I've been leaning towards leaving things as is but I would love to add one of those if it seems like it would be viable. Thanks!
Watch that Sixline as he matures, they have a thing for going for the eyes of gobies and dragonets.

RV Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the recommendation of being cautious of the six line. They can be devils. You are definitely fully stocked. If you need suggestions on getting the sand turned over, I like nassaruius snails.

OP
OP
J

Jicklenop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be sure to keep an eye on it, I appreciate the information! As of now everything is getting along, no aggression between any of my fish. Thank you all for confirming my thoughts on it!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call that a full tank and be happy. These fish have been together just a matter of months, that's not long enough to consider a 'success'. The fish will grow and attitudes will change.

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back