tangs for everyone! tangs for sale.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sold, thanks

No really, tangs for everyone.... I need a break from tangs, I'm trying to add a few fish and the tangs are just too mean. They have to go for now. Sorry I can't offer a great deal because I will be buying smaller versions of them right back in short order. The plus side is these guys are very healthy and fat, and they are all well quarantined. Those that know me, know that I invest quite a bit of effort in quarantining all my fish. Even the divers den fish get quarantined.

For now I have a beautiful powder blue in a cage right now and ready to go. Had him about 2 years since he was half dollar size. He's about 5 inches, and formerly the king of my tank. Pick up in East Hampton ASAP. First to contact me gets it. $100.

Caribbean blue tang had since juvenile about 18 months or so. he's now 5.5 inches and in complete adult colors. These are one of the toughest tangs to transition to captivity, it took me 4 tries to get one through quarantine. If you think you have ich in your tank, you should pass on this one because they don't seem to get that whole immunity thing like some people believe. You will need an ich free system for this guy. $100.

I also have the prettiest yellow eye kole tang I ever saw. And I have 3 in 3 separate tanks. This guy is about 4.5 inches. Looking for $40.

I also have a yellow tang about 4 inches, $30.

And a scopus but I'm not sure he will be an issue yet so for now I'll hold of on selling him. Again these guys are very fat and healthy. They are used to multiple feedings per day. Here's their pics.

Powder Blue

IMG_4293_zpsfc6a680c.jpg

Caribbean Blue and Kole tang

IMG_4841_zps058d888b.jpg

IMG_4245_zpsdb396613.jpg

IMG_3818_zpsb3f2c1bd.jpg

IMG_4697_zpsc48c86ec.jpg

IMG_4609_zpsbf5f2d58.jpg

IMG_4608_zpse3e30d84.jpg

IMG_4613_zpsa8ebc50e.jpg

Mata Tang, $100 -- He's 12+inches and needs a several hundred gallon system at least. I'm trying to get him into Mystic or Maritime aquarium but no luck yet.

IMG_4689_zps92c289cb.jpg

Last edited:

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in the powder will you ship?

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs are by far my favorite it's so great to see that an all tang tank is possible. I prefer to watch them grow. What size tank are they in? I LOVE the desjardini where did you get him?

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely have my favorite tank triggreef

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs are by far my favorite it's so great to see that an all tang tank is possible. I prefer to watch them grow. What size tank are they in? I LOVE the desjardini where did you get him?

Not an all tang tank but I had six right before selling off my sailfin. Tank is a 200dd I never really had any big issues with the tangs together. I added 3 at first, then waited until I had 3 all quarantined and ready to go to add them at the same time as well. It worked out good.

When I add a few back I'll do 3 all at the same time again.

The problem I'm having now, is I decided too late in the game that I really want a copperband butterfly. Being so timid the cbb is hiding in the corner even though most tang initial aggression is over. I also have a longnose butterfly in quarantine that I think will be big problems with the yellow tang if I were to leave him.

Oh the powder blue is from reefs2go believe it or not. Yup r2g did actually get one thing here alive.

The caribbean blue is from blake's aqua den, all the ones I lost in qt were from liveaquaria. The others are from either LA or bluezoo but I don't honestly remember.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tangs are all in superb condition. I bought the Sailfin off Trig, and he's awesome (the fish, that is :)). Powder Blue is one of the nicest specimens I've ever seen (black worms, anyone!) and the Caribbean blue is stunning - you don't see them very often.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These tangs are all in superb condition. I bought the Sailfin off Trig, and he's awesome (the fish, that is :)). Powder Blue is one of the nicest specimens I've ever seen (black worms, anyone!) and the Caribbean blue is stunning - you don't see them very often.

Thanks Simon! I'm not looking forward to quarantining another caribbean blue a few months from now. But IMO that is a must have tang. I'm starting to feel like I;m crazy to do all this to get a copperband in my tank. Then I scope out the copperband and I really do like it so it's worth it to me. Then I found a longnose I had to have as well. I know he certainly won't make the tangs happy. My wife thinks I'm nuts but thats nothing new anyway. lol

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for better pics and lower prices. $80 for anything I was asking $100 for previously. Package deal on more than one...

IMG_4991_zps7ffd99a3.jpg

IMG_4989_zps4b232973.jpg

IMG_4923_zpsb4195302.jpg

IMG_4918_zps66285497.jpg

IMG_4898_zps677e1d2b.jpg

IMG_4640_zps9c139bdc.jpg

Suicideissleep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigg why do you think the tangs will have a problem Ive added two to my seven tangs and not even my powder blue looked twice why not put tangs in at for a week and re introduce them worse case but if not I can adopt a couple or three lol

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just won't let my butterfly come out from the top of the tank. Everytime it tries they chase him until he goes back up. It's been like a week and better but not by much. I already put the pbt in qt for almost a week but he still wanted to kill the copper band.

To be honest I really just decided I like the butterflies better, and I really have too many tangs that eat to much. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking to just get a purple tang and a hybrid powder blue after my butterflies are doing well, and be done.

Last edited:

jstec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That mata tang is sweet! I've never seen anyone with one in a private tank before

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the big one? I was like what is that! I saw the surgeon appendage at his tail so I knew he was some sort of tang. So gorgeous are is all of his tangs!

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a hybrid powder blue?

There are hybrid versions pbt with gold rim, or Gr with Achilles and several more we just don't see/ know about

That mata tang is sweet! I've never seen anyone with one in a private tank before

Yeah like I said, thought it was something else. Unfortunately I been seeing them in LFS lately which I think is not good.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the yellow behave? I have a good sized purple tang, a large maroon clown, a wrasse and some bangaii cardinals. And are you going to the 2/28 meeting?

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pbt, Caribbean, kole, and yellow all gone. Think I might need to pull the scopus as well though, 20 for him.

Leslie my yellow was the bottom of my tang hiarchy so hard to say his demeanor but he still has a little bully problem with my butterfly. I have a long nose butterfly (mainly yellow) in qt, so I'm sure that would be major issue, and that's why he getting pulled.

Back