Third time better be the charm

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1718742167122.png
... ;) :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About torches. You may have had the same issue I did.
There's only 2 reasons you can't keep torches if you're keeping hammers and frogs alive.

1. Stem necrosis.MInfection is in the stem, working it's way to the tissue of the torch.
iI sadly witnessed this back a few years ago. 2 torches died from the inside out. Nate and fishy are going through this currently from what I've read.

2. Bruising. If you have fish like Eli who will use them as pillows, that can cause bruising and open them up to infection. So, a bit more delicate than hammers, frogs.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About torches. You may have had the same issue I did.
There's only 2 reasons you can't keep torches if you're keeping hammers and frogs alive.

1. Stem necrosis.MInfection is in the stem, working it's way to the tissue of the torch.
iI sadly witnessed this back a few years ago. 2 torches died from the inside out. Nate and fishy are going through this currently from what I've read.

2. Bruising. If you have fish like Eli who will use them as pillows, that can cause bruising and open them up to infection. So, a bit more delicate than hammers, frogs.
I believe mine is internal infection. Ironically brought in by a captive coral not an import...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to see @F i s h y today for a drop off/pick up with @MrsBugmaster . While there decided the 180g was just not big enough. When I got back talked to the man about how we did the engineering for the headers and floor Jack's to see if maybe I could get something bigger in it's place. He brought up some good points on why an upgrade would not be a good idea. BUT said he would support replacing the FW tank with a new SW set up. I will consider that a win.
So now I think this may be some kind of trap. Also I wonder if I should break down the office tank, and make the dining room the new office? Or do I leave things as is?
If I do go forward with the switch it would be a 120g or less 48x24x??. Aio would be preferred only because it would be difficult to tie it into the 180g system in the basement with out one heck of a return pump or converting the other half of the basement. I could also just run the sump under the tank but then I'm lugging buckets around (boooo).
So I'm at a crossroads. Sorry for blabbering on maybe I should just forget the whole idea..........nahhhh that wouldn't be any fun.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to see @F i s h y today for a drop off/pick up with @MrsBugmaster . While there decided the 180g was just not big enough. When I got back talked to the man about how we did the engineering for the headers and floor Jack's to see if maybe I could get something bigger in it's place. He brought up some good points on why an upgrade would not be a good idea. BUT said he would support replacing the FW tank with a new SW set up. I will consider that a win.
So now I think this may be some kind of trap. Also I wonder if I should break down the office tank, and make the dining room the new office? Or do I leave things as is?
If I do go forward with the switch it would be a 120g or less 48x24x??. Aio would be preferred only because it would be difficult to tie it into the 180g system in the basement with out one heck of a return pump or converting the other half of the basement. I could also just run the sump under the tank but then I'm lugging buckets around (boooo).
So I'm at a crossroads. Sorry for blabbering on maybe I should just forget the whole idea..........nahhhh that wouldn't be any fun.
Just turn the whole basement into a reef! Or at least half….

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best to blabber and let the cogs turn. Once you've made up your mind. Do it!

After this next shipment i get. No more coral. I've spent enough on my tank to buy a new ac/heater. Husband told me "your failures are also mine." That hit me hard. We work as a team. If any other coral get brought in, they'll need a quarantine system first.

And from a post lasse made, I'll need a cucumber.

Hows that for blabbering?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back