Devin_R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I just received a cleanup crew shipment and in one of the bags with a whole mess of dwarf ceriths there was what looks to be an extremely small clam. It's no bigger than a centimeter and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it will get larger or remain small. I placed it in my sand bed because I have two powerheads running during the day and I didn't want it to get lost in my rockwork if it happened to fall over. If it is a species that does get large I would really like to try and keep it long term so any tips would be appreciated. Here are the links to videos to help with ID: Clam Video 1 & Clam Video 2
Thanks!

krissiRLT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I just received a cleanup crew shipment and in one of the bags with a whole mess of dwarf ceriths there was what looks to be an extremely small clam. It's no bigger than a centimeter and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it will get larger or remain small. I placed it in my sand bed because I have two powerheads running during the day and I didn't want it to get lost in my rockwork if it happened to fall over. If it is a species that does get large I would really like to try and keep it long term so any tips would be appreciated. Here are the links to videos to help with ID: Clam Video 1 & Clam Video 2
Thanks!
I’m not falling for opening a video called “clam video 1” or 2

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the videos won’t load on my phone.

With that said, if it was with ceriths, it likely is not a decorative species (except the incredibly rare chance of a baby flame scallop)

With that said, depending where you ordered from, could be any type of small bivalve

OP
OP
Devin_R.

Devin_R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the videos won’t load on my phone.

With that said, if it was with ceriths, it likely is not a decorative species (except the incredibly rare chance of a baby flame scallop)

With that said, depending where you ordered from, could be any type of small bivalve
I'll try and get a good picture of it but it's pretty tiny so it's hard to focus on it with my phone, lol

krissiRLT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Thanks!
Looks like a bivalve for sure. Not sure what type but should be just fine in your tank. You’ll probably just need to wait till it gets a little bigger to see its shell shape and any characteristics

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back