Torch Coral looks weird

Pontuskor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I got this torch coral around 2 weeks ago but then these two days I have noticed smaller things like eggs but with a head similar to the torch tenacles. I am wondering if this it just the torch growing new tenacles and new head or if this is something I need to take care of and treat. I have attached a video and an image of the coral please take a look and give me your best advices! IMG_6144.jpg IMG_6144.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    1.5 MB
OP
OP
Pontuskor

Pontuskor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flat worm you mention are just the skeleton. Are you sure they are barnacles they are everywhere on the coral yesterday i did a turkey base on it then it showed these small tencales. What do i do if they are barnacles?

OP
OP
Pontuskor

Pontuskor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have direct flow on them but I should have around 550 litre per hour on my tank. I just don't know if the brown dots are just new tenacles forming at the base because yesterday i did blast them with a turkey baser as i thought there were algae and it broke some of the coral off.

Today it had mucus around the torch and I was worried that it will ruin all my other corals so I removed it.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 45 55.6%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back