Trident np magnetic stirrer for reagents?

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
With the issues around these automatic testers has anyone tried putting the reagents on magnetic stirrers programed to mix them before each test? Seems this may keep the reagents better suspended. After all, Neptune advises to shake the reagents when changing them. With reagents lasting 2 months I'm sure some elements settle out of solution over time and skew test results a bit?

I know Hydros mentions using air to agitate the reagents, but I wouldn't think air would be the best choice due to possible contamination.

Thoughts?

Jimbo327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley

I don't see why any reagents will need to be mixed before each use to keep it uniform. It should be fully soluble.

Here are the SDS of the NP reagents: https://help.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/tridentnp/sds/

Even with reagents 3a and 3b, which the user needs to mix themselves and has shelf life of only 2 months. I don't see why this needs any further mixing prior to each use. First of all, looks like 3b is basically just water and little bit of dye, and its function is more for dilution and color. Not sure why it is even a 2 months shelf life after mixing 3a and 3b unless the color changes due to some type of reaction.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back