Trident tubing loosening

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thos is a new one for me. I woke up this morning to a test A fail. Opened my Trident up and the hoses were loose.
20240803_082556.jpg

I used a pair of tweezers to push them back on.
20240803_084959.jpg

I ran another test and they immediately backed themselves up again.
20240803_085335.jpg

I pulled the tubing out of the pinch valves and gave them a little extra room on that side, pushed them back on and in the pinch valves. I ran another test and they just backed right back up and started leaking again.
20240803_083458.jpg

This Trident had been flawless for 6 months since the last service, any ideas on this?

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost like those hoses are just a little too short.

Is it possible to put slightly longer ones?

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the hoses that go to the reagents. Ad I stated in my post, I pulled extra hose through the pinch valve so they were longer on that side. They still pulled back off even after that.

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the hoses that go to the reagents. Ad I stated in my post, I pulled extra hose through the pinch valve so they were longer on that side. They still pulled back off even after that.
Ah, makes sense.

How about the small zip ties around the hose? They are thin and should be enough to pinch the hose.

huste

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Keep those tubes in check. Had to get mines serviced because the fluids got on one of the valves and it rusted to the point where it stopped working.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, makes sense.

How about the small zip ties around the hose? They are thin and should be enough to pinch the hose.

Nah, no room for any Zip tie or anything else there. I'm really looking for a reason as to why this is happening suddenly and not a band-aid fix.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would venture to say that there is probably a blockage in the manifold and the pressure buildup is causing them to back off.

I had that thought as well. I'm trying a couple different things now to see if that is the case.

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have 5 tridents, this has happpened to all three of my old units. Even after alleged servicing. In fact one of them has this very issue now: “ Test B fail”
I’m guessing this is a common issue…
…oh. super glue doesn’t work, wish I could help …
I’m calling support myself
Added. I forgot, I did try pulling the tube off and repositioning that white round “pinch valve” thingy ….basically I choked up on the tube a lil more and cut off a fresh end for better grip…It didn’t work still

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 tridents, this has happpened to all three of my old units. Even after alleged servicing. In fact one of them has this very issue now: “ Test B fail”
I’m guessing this is a common issue…
…oh. super glue doesn’t work, wish I could help …
I’m calling support myself
Added. I forgot, I did try pulling the tube off and repositioning that white round “pinch valve” thingy ….basically I choked up on the tube a lil more and cut off a fresh end for better grip…It didn’t work still

Yeah, I tried that one. I also took the manifold out and ran a needle through each port and out the other side so no blockages there. I just put everything back together and tried to initialize again and it blew the reagent B tube right off the manifold. Lol

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current thought is a possible waste line blockage causing back pressure as it tries to empty the testing vial.

Back