Tunze Osmilator Nano broken Already??!!

zookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got the Tunze osmilator nano for my waterbox 20 cube. I bought it a week and a half ago and today i come home and the water level is low. I unplug and re plug in the ATO and the pump turned on but no water was being dispensed. I filled the tank back up manually but i left the ATO on just to check if it would happen again. The next time it turned on the same thing happened no water was coming out into the tank. The pump was running but no water was coming out. (my RO reservoir has been full this whole time.) Is there anything i can do to fix it or do i have to order a new pump? and is the pump really that bad that it would break within only a week and a half?

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reach out to Rodger at Tunze, he will get back to you unexpectedly fast & help you to figure it out.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same answer as @X-37B and @Tamberav get the trapped air out of the pump. Did the res run low? I have had this happen when I forgot to fill the reservoir or when I filled it to fast by dumping a bucket of water into it. That style of tunze you also need to keep the sensor glass clean a quick weekly scrub with a soft toothbrush works well.

OP
OP
Z

zookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine uses the same pump and it must be 10 years old or something. It won’t work if air gets trapped in it, turn it sideways and shake it.
tried this. unfortunately it still wont draw water. I am going to order a new one simply because they are only thirty dollars. I cant believe this happened only a week and a half of owning it.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tried this. unfortunately it still wont draw water. I am going to order a new one simply because they are only thirty dollars. I cant believe this happened only a week and a half of owning it.

Unlucky! I would contact tunze as they have a good warranty. Even if you buy one, you can probably get a spare then :)

Back