Use salifert Kits tested PH, it always in very light green colur sign, its almost nearly to yellow sign.

BibiWong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new, i had started up my small sea tank with 30(L)*200 (D) * 200 (H), no skimmer but with shiruba XB-305 filter, with Seachem Matrix, which i transfered it from fresh water tank to SEA. I have live rock and sand, i use Red Sea Salt.
When first started, my fish kept death, as of now already 7 months, so far my 6 small fishes in the tank are managed to survive, was that consider stable? Lol... but when i start to add in small hard coral, it wasn't survive. The weird things is that my PH it's always stay in super light green sign (around 7.4-7.7), even after i doses 0.5ml of the PH liquid (Seachem Marine Buffer), its doesn't raise the PH to 8.0, or do i need to raise it up until 8.0 or just 7.4-7.7 its ok for my mini small tank? I really don't know what to do, I regularly do water changing 3/5 a week, I have a full spectrum light as well, my coral still cannot grow well or either die. Recently i just bought a small skimmer (Boyu WG-308) at shopee, i didn't see it work, seen like no skim at all lol.. and the skimmer it's really occupied the tank's space. Anyone can advise me what should i do?

SALIFERT Test kits results.
KH-8.6
Mag- 900
Cal- 370
Salinity- 1.02

Dose products i use below
Seachem Reef Carbonate
Seachem Marine Buffer
Continuum Magnesium
Continuum Calcium
NITE - Out ll Bacteria

OP
OP
B

BibiWong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 1000029973.jpg
    1000029973.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 20

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new, i had started up my small sea tank with 30(L)*200 (D) * 200 (H), no skimmer but with shiruba XB-305 filter, with Seachem Matrix, which i transfered it from fresh water tank to SEA. I have live rock and sand, i use Red Sea Salt.
When first started, my fish kept death, as of now already 7 months, so far my 6 small fishes in the tank are managed to survive, was that consider stable? Lol... but when i start to add in small hard coral, it wasn't survive. The weird things is that my PH it's always stay in super light green sign (around 7.4-7.7), even after i doses 0.5ml of the PH liquid (Seachem Marine Buffer), its doesn't raise the PH to 8.0, or do i need to raise it up until 8.0 or just 7.4-7.7 its ok for my mini small tank? I really don't know what to do, I regularly do water changing 3/5 a week, I have a full spectrum light as well, my coral still cannot grow well or either die. Recently i just bought a small skimmer (Boyu WG-308) at shopee, i didn't see it work, seen like no skim at all lol.. and the skimmer it's really occupied the tank's space. Anyone can advise me what should i do?

SALIFERT Test kits results.
KH-8.6
Mag- 900
Cal- 370
Salinity- 1.02

Dose products i use below
Seachem Reef Carbonate
Seachem Marine Buffer
Continuum Magnesium
Continuum Calcium
NITE - Out ll Bacteria
Salifert is sadly like this, some of my test kits are crap, I've had 7.7 pH for a long time and did a lot of posts and none of the methods worked, so I just gave up and according to my test kit I have 6.8... just ignore pH it doesn't even do anything, I have buffers too

OP
OP
B

BibiWong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salifert is sadly like this, some of my test kits are crap, I've had 7.7 pH for a long time and did a lot of posts and none of the methods worked, so I just gave up and according to my test kit I have 6.8... just ignore pH it doesn't even do anything, I have buffers too
I heard many people comment about the importance of a stable pH and having a buffered system and i added too..it desn't work, lol. should i raise the Cal & Mag instead? Or does the water temperature of between 26-29 causing the problem? .

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard many people comment about the importance of a stable pH and having a buffered system and i added too..it desn't work, lol. should i raise the Cal & Mag instead? Or does the water temperature of between 26-29 causing the problem? .
I have the same temperature but I don't know if it's the reason why my crabs die but it shouldn't, if you have like corals or you like coralline algae growth then you can keep Ca Mg stable, I do, stable kh is important too but easy to keep, when it drops baking soda will help

Also for some reason my replies of my pH threads were about ignoring pH, do what you prefer I guess

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back