Water clarity products.

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do some of you use for a water clarity products.I have a 90 gallon reef tank and a 180-gallon fish only tank. The 90-gallon has a uv,skimmer, and carbon reactor. But neither tank is crystal clear . The 180 only has a fx4. I

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Particles mostly,but it just doesn't have that look like the ones I see at my lfs. That glass look.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium Carbonate
Let it snow!
frozen let it go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. First thing I thought of. However, I JUST read that a member correlated their own use of Ozone with fish, ummm, disrepair. Not sure if there was anything to it, if merely coincidental or even anecdotyl for that matter.

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I just put the sock in my sump or disconnect the reefmat and use that hose?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do some of you use for a water clarity products.I have a 90 gallon reef tank and a 180-gallon fish only tank. The 90-gallon has a uv,skimmer, and carbon reactor. But neither tank is crystal clear . The 180 only has a fx4. I
DIY coral snow! Somewhere on here is a great recipe for it. I use it in my tank after every water change, which is every other week.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many have used it. I've tried it a few times and it does help. However, it also coats everything with fine CaCO3 which I have to later blow out of crevices, etc. So, I discontinued after a while.
This was my experience also. No harm to any livestock

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral snow works great. You dont have to add the other stuff in the recipe the calcium carbonate works fine just mixed with water. I do add the other stuff too though most of the time. Next day its like the fish and corals are in air, super clear. Part of my maintenance is blowing off the rocks weekly anyway and I never see the coral snow sitting on the rocks but there is a pretty big cloud when I blow out the rock work.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

BATTLE OF THE INVERTS: STARFISH OR SEA URCHINS? SHARE A PICTURE OF YOUR LITTLE INVERTS!

• Starfish!

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Sea Urchins!

Votes: 70 52.6%
  • There is no way I can choose...

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Other (please explain!).

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back