What is it on Clownfish?

amrfr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There were 2 clowns I added to a new tank 3 weeks ago. One died after 2 weeks. I saw it flashing couple time, then stopped eating, was hiding and rapid breathing (died within couple of days). The second clown is behaving active and eating well but I noticed some spots. There are two other fish I added a week ago (dotty back and filefish). Both seems normal to me as of now. What is it?

IMG_3556.PNG

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
There were 2 clowns I added to a new tank 3 weeks ago. One died after 2 weeks. I saw it flashing couple time, then stopped eating, was hiding and rapid breathing (died within couple of days). The second clown is behaving active and eating well but I noticed some spots. There are two other fish I added a week ago (dotty back and filefish). Both seems normal to me as of now. What is it?

IMG_3556.PNG
This is likely secondary bacterial issue but can also be mucus cones mixed with ich. Pic almost too close to fully tell. Can you provide a 20 sec video?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_3556.PNG
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I agree, we need clearer pictures and video.
From what I can see in that cropped shot, the clownfish likely has marine ich.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back