What is this, aphasia, tube worm?

Drmolar3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I had I crazy algae bloom in my tank it was literally like at the beginning of the week it was clear and by the end of the week it was completely over run, I then spent 2-3 weeks taking care of the bloom and I’ve gotten it down to a manageable level now it’s not good but it’s better. But as I was inspecting and taking care of my tank today I noticed a lot of very small see through white tubes with tentacles on the end they must have spread when I couldn’t inspect the rocks super well due to the algae. I’m new to this hobby and at first I thought it was aptasia but as I’ve researched and seen pictures I’m now thinking it’s some kind of tube worm. Any help identifying this and telling me what my next steps would be is much appreciated. I attached photos. But it’s not very easy to see what’s happening in them

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
D

Drmolar3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookup pineapple sponges and see if they're a match here - if so, they're harmless and will go away on their own in time.
I looked that up and found a Reddit thread asking if what is in the attached photo are pineapple sponges. Myne look exactly like that, thank you so much. Are they a sign that I need to feed less or increase light or something like that?

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpeg
    IMG_0804.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked that up and found a Reddit thread asking if what is in the attached photo are pineapple sponges. Myne look exactly like that, thank you so much. Are they a sign that I need to feed less or increase light or something like that?
No, they are very common in newer tanks - they tend to boom then bust in population and go away on their own. Most people just view them as a sign a tank's ecosystem is developing well.

Upvote 0
Back