What's the best way to deal with these smaller aptasia?

Ezeikial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000027140.jpg
this lil guy has stayed this size and has not gotten any larger. Just seems to be spreading at a moderate pace. I've only seen aptasia that are significantly larger, where these guys are smaller than small zoa polyps.

How should I go about getting rid of them?
I've seen aptasia-x and the syringe method, but that's not going to work here at all. I've heard peppermint shrimp will move onto Euphilia after the food source is gone, but is that my only option?

Thankfully, I only have two spots where this is growing but looking to get this under control sooner than later.

Thank you for any and all help and advice!

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint Shrimp work (most of the time). Some decide that aiptasia is beneath them, but generally they work pretty well. I'm gonna have a few in my tank when I launch.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My answer is always the same! Purchase one of the most beautiful fish on the planet, a Copperbanded Butterfly fish. I’ve had mine for going on 7 years. Model citizen as they say. My overflow chambers both house numerous aptasias. But my 180g reef not a single one. I’ll bet they’re pricey these days. Good luck.

chip shop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same with copperbands being hit and miss and unfortunately 1 that took a liking to my elegance coral there’s only 1 thing that’s diet is aptasia only

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ball or glass annenome or something like that. The one with little balls on the tip of tentacles

OP
OP
E

Ezeikial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those don't look like aiptaisia

Agree it doesn't look like aptaisia to me either, its something else.
They haven't interacted with any of my other corals, so I can't say if they are aggressive or not. It's just now started to multiply, which is why I'm looking to solve this problem if it is one.

Reefering1

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably harmless or will go away on its own. I'll leave it to others on how to remove. Maybe kalk paste or the like.

OP
OP
E

Ezeikial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the species. There are thousands.
So if what I've shown has been the largest size and it hasn't grown over the last 4 months since spotted, then I might want to hesitantly say I'm in the clear???

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if what I've shown has been the largest size and it hasn't grown over the last 4 months since spotted, then I might want to hesitantly say I'm in the clear???
If they are in your tank, you're not on the clear. They should be off'd. Otherwise, they will do what all lifeforms do and multiply.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back