This is a list of natural host for clownfish.

elfda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....To be honest,clownfish will host whatever they like.Ive seen them host FrogSpawn/Torches/Shrooms/Candy Cane/Hammer Coral/really just about any thing!I have some of mine living in clay pots!
This little dip has decided to host this tube worm. There's a perfectly good carpet nem right next to him, but no. Feather duster worm is where it's at.

20170128_152458.jpeg

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little dip has decided to host this tube worm. There's a perfectly good carpet nem right next to him, but no. Feather duster worm is where it's at.

20170128_152458.jpeg

So does it scare the FD, retracting it? Or does it stay open?

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bout doing it the other way ? like listing clownfish types and then posting the anemone's they will host.
I don't see bicinctus clowns on that list above ,for instance...

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice intro list, but a lot of clownfish will host in a lot of different anemones, I’ve had Clarki, Melanopus, Tomatoes & Maroons adapt to condylactis anemones. I would be willing to guess that other species from the Clarki & Tomato complex would too. I haven’t seen the Ocellaris or Skunk complexes adapt to them, they might adapt to the Atlantic carpet

wendyay55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great list! Thank you! Here is my question.. I am very new to the reefing hobby. I have 2 clowns coming within the next 2 weeks. They are Davinci’s (A. ocellaris). It was recommended that I get a BTA, but I have heard of ppl having problems with them. They can divide and overtake the tank…they sting other corals. I have also heard that carpets can eat the clowns.. I dont know then, what I should start with. I know that they aren’t going to necessarily host anything but what would you recommend? Anyone? 20 gallon nano. Ty!

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent article! I haven't seen it before. I tried to show it to my two ocellaris clownfish, but they weren't the slightest bit interested. So my beautiful BTA remains unoccupied, and my clowns are living behind the same rock they lived behind when they first went into the tank two years ago. Oh well.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 60.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back