Which Recommendations Do You Listen To?

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought this would be an interesting topic of conversation.. When I read most of the threads involving a question/advice there are of course multiple different answers to the question, as there are with many questions on this hobby.

My question is, how do you decide what advice to follow? (assuming the different answers will all fix the problem at hand)

I know this answer will vary greatly depending on the question, but are there any particular factors you always take into consideration when deciding?

Curved glass display at Aquarium Poema Del Mar that I thought was pretty awesome.
IMG_4093.jpeg

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if the answer has depth, i'm more inclined to follow that. granted, some answers can be given in a short reply, a detailed response is more "dummy-proof" or has the capacity to be depending the poster.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just thought this would be an interesting topic of conversation.. When I read most of the threads involving a question/advice there are of course multiple different answers to the question, as there are with many questions on this hobby.

My question is, how do you decide what advice to follow? (assuming the different answers will all fix the problem at hand)
I research the advice given and see if others have success with it. But there are a few experts here where that may not be necessary if the advice is within their purview.

OP
OP
eliaslikesfish

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take everyone's opinions and points of view into consideration. Something that works for one person might not work for the other person.
exactly, but are there any factors in particular you always consider when trying out one method over the other? (assuming both will work fine)

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been on here long enough I recognize many of the people that reply and have already determined that I trust those folks. If it's not someone I'm familiar with I look for details in the answer and may even look at tank threads or other post from that person to see if it's someone I'm confident in. Too many people just repeat what they've heard or read online which many times is just something that's been repeated so many times it's become internet fact.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay clear of those who answer questions with questions. Although sometimes unavoidable it usually leads nowhere. It's usually the ones who try the least that know the most. Look at @Randy Holmes-Farley, short and sweet. No need to keep a thread alive to listen to people argue.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
exactly, but are there any factors in particular you always consider when trying out one method over the other? (assuming both will work fine)
There are a couple of people on here who's opinions I trust due to their experience and their specialties in certain areas

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go off how many badges they have. :zany-face:
Now that is a lot better idea, obviously you didn’t go to public school like I did. Your parents obviously cared about the quality of your education!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that is a lot better idea, obviously you didn’t go to public school like I did. Your parents obviously cared about the quality of your education!
lol! I did! In the worst education system there is in the states! Can’t you tell by all my periods???….. hahahahaha… that’s why I decided I better learn some skills if I ever wanted a career and that’s what I did!

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 53 25.1%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 91 43.1%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 54 25.6%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 6.2%
Back