White spot or mucus plugs?

lakvinu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added some barrier reef chromis recently a week ago and i can see my blue face and them having white spot. Just wanted some help to identify if its white spot or mucus plus or something else. My blue face is a bit shy so its hard to get a close up, let me know if its not clear enough..

Attachments

• VID_20241009110426.mp4
    4.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've added some barrier reef chromis recently a week ago and i can see my blue face and them having white spot. Just wanted some help to identify if its white spot or mucus plus or something else. My blue face is a bit shy so its hard to get a close up, let me know if its not clear enough..
Looks like mucus plugs mixed in with ich. Often with mucus plugs, the other occupants show no signs. It does not disqualify them from having it but at minimum keep an eye on them for development. For treatment, place this fish in a separate treatment tank and treat with coppersafe at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Except for 'cryptocaryon/ich' - I can't think of a spontaneous reason for a fish to develop the spots you describe - agree with above recommendations for quarantine, remembering to treat ALL of the fish, and then leaving your tank fallow for 6-8 weeks.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If both the barrier reef chromis and the blueface have the same spots, I'd say this is ich. The spots do look a bit large for ich, but the angel is also acting a bit "mopey" so I think you need to consider treating all of the fish in the tank as was mentioned.

OP
OP
L

lakvinu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. thanks for your recommendations above, i was going to wiat a couple days. Just a follow up, im seeing the white poo which i've heard previously is bad. Could this be the reason? Is it internal parasite and wahts the recommendation solution?

Back