Wondering about clown

that_boy_fini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of storm clowns that I’ve had almost two years well a ac problem then a power outage later my male clown begun so swim vertically but was still eating at this time so thought he may be okay

Last night my gf called me and said he was missing I have ample cuc so I know if he passed he would be eaten

I’m going to give him a week to show up but I think the worst happened I still have my female do I just let her live out her days as the only clown or do I try to add a smaller storm back with her she was pretty mean to the one in question so I’m reluctant to add another 100$ clown for her to harass

Added a picture of the female

IMG_2283.jpeg

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can certainly add another. Just make sure it's young. They start out sexless and based on environmental cues, they will change to match what is around them. So it will change from sexless to male and stop there in the presence of a female. It's just a matter of your female accepting its potential mate. There will be a dominance issue, certainly, but that is pretty much par for the course.

OP
OP
T

that_boy_fini

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can certainly add another. Just make sure it's young. They start out sexless and based on environmental cues, they will change to match what is around them. So it will change from sexless to male and stop there in the presence of a female. It's just a matter of your female accepting its potential mate. There will be a dominance issue, certainly, but that is pretty much par for the course.
Thank you I think I’ll give her a few weeks and maybe do a biota order for another one

I’m still pretty bummed about cream pop tho

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t matter, paired or singles do well.
Your choice.

But if you try and pair, no more than 3/4” juveniles, and the closer you match, the more likely you get success.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of storm clowns that I’ve had almost two years well a ac problem then a power outage later my male clown begun so swim vertically but was still eating at this time so thought he may be okay

Last night my gf called me and said he was missing I have ample cuc so I know if he passed he would be eaten

I’m going to give him a week to show up but I think the worst happened I still have my female do I just let her live out her days as the only clown or do I try to add a smaller storm back with her she was pretty mean to the one in question so I’m reluctant to add another 100$ clown for her to harass

Added a picture of the female

IMG_2283.jpeg
Your female looks to be about the same size as mine. Her male died a while back. I got her another storm just under half her size and she loves him. Already bonded with minimal fin nipping and chasing. She did a little to show him who was boss but now shes very cool with him

Back