Yellow Chrysus Wrasse with Feather Duster

Chrysus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’m new to the forum but not overly new to reef keeping. I am in the process of setting up a 40 breeder reef. I added a Yellow Chrysus Wrasse, having forgotten that I was going to move my leather coral into the tank, which has a large feather duster attached to it. Is this likely to be an issue, or is it only usually the small dusters they go after? The Wrasse is very small right now, probably only an inch long.
Pictures are of the Wrasse and feather duster in question.

Thanks for any help.
C14ECB74-ED73-4343-AC38-9115FBEA10F5.jpeg
58680D08-A895-4C6D-81F8-D6A958178C12.jpeg

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are wonderful and vastly under rated fish. Wait till you see it as a terminal phase male...the head colors are amazing.

I have not had much problem with them and feather dusters or any other invert other than the very small feather dusters. Of course every animal is an individual. Keep him well fed and your odds are very good IMO.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My melanurus wrasse destroyed the 3 I had but they were much smaller he was in the tank with them for 2-3 months I guess he was bored one day

OP
OP
Chrysus

Chrysus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll keep an eye on him, if worst comes to worst and he shows a little too much interest it can always be moved back to the old tank.

For those of you who have kept them, what sort of 'sleep' schedules did they have? I've only had mine for a couple of days now, but he doesn't seem to get up until about 4:30pm, regardless of when the lights come on. Do they ever start coming out earlier? I don't mind, but it means he misses the first feeding and I'm only doing two a day to keep nitrates under control, as it is a new tank.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is the last to rise and the first to bed down. But give him some time hell adjust.

OP
OP
Chrysus

Chrysus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! I only really care because I’ve had bad luck with wrasses, so I always manage to convince myself I’ll never see him again haha.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • My coral

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back