Adding fish back to display

clownfish_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I just wanted to come on here and ask for some advice about adding fish back to main display after 3 months of quarantine.

I had an ich outbreak about 3 months ago and sadly lost a coral beauty and black cap basslet. I have 2 chromis, a tomini tang, a pair of clowns, and a firefish currently in there. I did a water change on the main display to ensure the fish have clean water when they are added back in.

I do have a question about the Tomini tang though. I’ve noticed it swimming against the glass near the bottom of the tank recently but other than that it’s been eating well and acting normal but I’m not sure if this is something I should be concerned about. One of the clowns got white spots during quarantine but I dosed copper and it soon cleared and that was around the beginning of their quarantine. All other fish are acting normal and eating good. I’ve been feeding pellets and mysis shrimp during the quarantine.

Sorry for this post being all over the place but any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if you have a fish in QT that's behavior is off. Leave it in QT a bit longer. If the Tomini is rubbing the glass, it maybe an attempt to scratch. I'd add the others back and continue to treat the Tang. Can't hurt.

OP
OP
C

clownfish_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say if you have a fish in QT that's behavior is off. Leave it in QT a bit longer. If the Tomini is rubbing the glass, it maybe an attempt to scratch. I'd add the others back and continue to treat the Tang. Can't hurt.
I think I will end up leaving the tomini in there for a bit longer. How long would you recommend? The weird thing is when the light is off it’s swimming normal but but when the light turns on that’s when he swims against the glass. Thanks for the reply and thank you!

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I just wanted to come on here and ask for some advice about adding fish back to main display after 3 months of quarantine.

I had an ich outbreak about 3 months ago and sadly lost a coral beauty and black cap basslet. I have 2 chromis, a tomini tang, a pair of clowns, and a firefish currently in there. I did a water change on the main display to ensure the fish have clean water when they are added back in.

I do have a question about the Tomini tang though. I’ve noticed it swimming against the glass near the bottom of the tank recently but other than that it’s been eating well and acting normal but I’m not sure if this is something I should be concerned about. One of the clowns got white spots during quarantine but I dosed copper and it soon cleared and that was around the beginning of their quarantine. All other fish are acting normal and eating good. I’ve been feeding pellets and mysis shrimp during the quarantine.

Sorry for this post being all over the place but any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
I just added 6 fish yesterday. I see why you had to QT but my selfish question is why do you think this sudden outbreak started?. The Tang probably is OK. They are weird reclusive and moody. Glad you hung in there. I almost quit when my 5-6 year old yellow Tang died. I am always Leary of the food. I would like to see tighter control of processing it.

OP
OP
C

clownfish_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 6 fish yesterday. I see why you had to QT but my selfish question is why do you think this sudden outbreak started?. The Tang probably is OK. They are weird reclusive and moody. Glad you hung in there. I almost quit when my 5-6 year old yellow Tang died. I am always Leary of the food. I would like to see tighter control of processing it.
I honestly don’t have much of an idea as to why the outbreak may have started. I bought the tank from someone in December and they said the tank had been set up for about a year prior to me buying it. The tank came with all the fish and live rock. I even used some of the established tank water while re setting up the tank in my home and also dosed some live bacteria. But at the moment I am acclimating the fish back into the main display but not sure what to do about the tang. It’s really confusing because during the day it’s up against the glass swimming and going for food aggressively. But when it’s lights off it’s swimming around normally. Any help would be appreciated!

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t have much of an idea as to why the outbreak may have started. I bought the tank from someone in December and they said the tank had been set up for about a year prior to me buying it. The tank came with all the fish and live rock. I even used some of the established tank water while re setting up the tank in my home and also dosed some live bacteria. But at the moment I am acclimating the fish back into the main display but not sure what to do about the tang. It’s really confusing because during the day it’s up against the glass swimming and going for food aggressively. But when it’s lights off it’s swimming around normally. Any help would be appreciated!
Cant help. My old Tang ( Yellow ) was curious but a recluse. This new one Viamingi blue is aggressive after a few days of hiding now eats like a pig, but likes to chill as well especially lights out. I really think these very bold Lyretail Anthias I have get the others fired up

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back