Can 5 micron filter sock remove fish or shrimp dissolves?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?
You can answer this one yourself by crush a shrimp in a sample aquarium water and then passing the cloudy water through a 5 micro sock and collecting the water You get appreciation for how much cloudiness is removed. Save some of the unfiltered water for the comparison.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back