CKR Torches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Bananas on the left
Grails on the right
Masters in the middle
1000000709.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Seriously@ ASD? They quality is pretty bad! I saw someone put out a post of a horrible holy grail from them and they ones they are listing now look nothing like HG! I got royally ripped of by them the other day. This is what I got for a godzilla! The one on the right! Obviously not a godzilla and I have a tank full of stuff that wasnt wasn't what it was supposed to be. The shroom was a biggie though. I paid 227 on sale and got sent a 20 dollar mushroom! The tiny babie is mine I only paid 125 for from someone else and its shrinking! lol

Attachments

• my godzilla next to ricordia.jpg
    my godzilla next to ricordia.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 49

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Seriously@ ASD? They quality is pretty bad! I saw someone put out a post of a horrible holy grail from them and they ones they are listing now look nothing like HG! I got royally ripped of by them the other day. This is what I got for a godzilla! The one on the right! Obviously not a godzilla and I have a tank full of stuff that wasnt wasn't what it was supposed to be. The shroom was a biggie though. I paid 227 on sale and got sent a 20 dollar mushroom! The tiny babie is mine I only paid 125 for from someone else and its shrinking! lol
Are you referring to the seller on this thread or someone else?

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Don’t think those transactions are mine. I don’t have mushrooms

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Will have 2 TSA Master Torches for sale
Each one is 350 shipped

1714050947073.png

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Woke up all the tanks this morning

1715349225282.png

1715349241399.png

Last edited:

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I just want to clear this up as I understand what’s going on

Recently, within last few weeks ago, someone bought / won a holy grail from asd. It arrived in crappy shape and was not like the photo and was a big disappointment. It has nothing to do with coral Kai who is an excellent and reputable torch seller with high quality items. Asd also recently asd has been pulling bait and switch sales and not sending the corals people win, but lower quality replacements instead. They say it’s mistakes, some feel it’s intentional when things don’t sell for the price they hoped, but such is the nature of auctions. This happened to me. I was a victim of it personally. I was refunded but still had to eat sh charges for frags so bad my LFS wouldn’t give me even 5$ of store credit for trade in.

Now, I always viewed asd as a high end company and I know for a fact they did a great job years ago. One thing they are know for is the ASD Holy Grail. This is a named piece with lineage to the original parent colony asd has or used to have

The quality of asd sourced hg frags today - who knows. Are they legit? Who knows.

But, hobbyists who bought the asd holy grail in the past have grown it out and sell off their frags, and these are offspring and near direct clones of the original. The frag by coral Kai has nothing to do with a frag in the post from the other person. Coral Kai is selling legit OG asd holy grail, an incredible piece. Aqua sd sold someone else a “hg” and then didn’t send a hg

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
I just want to clear this up as I understand what’s going on

Recently, within last few weeks ago, someone bought / won a holy grail from asd. It arrived in crappy shape and was not like the photo and was a big disappointment. It has nothing to do with coral Kai who is an excellent and reputable torch seller with high quality items. Asd also recently asd has been pulling bait and switch sales and not sending the corals people win, but lower quality replacements instead. They say it’s mistakes, some feel it’s intentional when things don’t sell for the price they hoped, but such is the nature of auctions. This happened to me. I was a victim of it personally. I was refunded but still had to eat sh charges for frags so bad my LFS wouldn’t give me even 5$ of store credit for trade in.

Now, I always viewed asd as a high end company and I know for a fact they did a great job years ago. One thing they are know for is the ASD Holy Grail. This is a named piece with lineage to the original parent colony asd has or used to have

The quality of asd sourced hg frags today - who knows. Are they legit? Who knows.

But, hobbyists who bought the asd holy grail in the past have grown it out and sell off their frags, and these are offspring and near direct clones of the original. The frag by coral Kai has nothing to do with a frag in the post from the other person. Coral Kai is selling legit OG asd holy grail, an incredible piece. Aqua sd sold someone else a “hg” and then didn’t send a hg
Thank you for this clarification. Appreciate it sir.

Always a sign of a good community when people take the time to write very well thought out messages especially to clear up any type of miscommunication.

Hope everyone has a great day :)

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had my typeo’s I see in retrospect but the clarification and point is valid

I personally do not have any coral kai torches (yet…) but I am a torch collector /
enthusiast and I recognize health and quality and can tell you his setups look ridiculously healthy and top quality.

My credentials lol:
B57822F4-99F3-4BA6-B9BF-A36E239F5DB4.jpeg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I havt checked my messages for a while but my comment wasnt directed at @Coral Kai it was mainly at asd! They ripped my off for over 1300 maybe more! I have no Idea if they will even make it right! I had to take a step back because I was so stressed and have Chronns disease and this whole mess with them almost sent me to the hospital!

I should have saw it coming! The order was about 3 months old and started on ebay! I saw a huge Godzilla on their site and started adding more from there site! They canceled one of my ebay orders supposedly by mistake and thats why the order was so old. So we made a deal that they would send website purchases only because they were out of a mushroom I wanted and when they came in they would ship the other ebay items! Anyway the shipped it all. It was also corals I told him I no longer wanted since I had been waiting so long! I think maybe 5 were right out of 20 corals! They actually sent a massive colony of leprechauns I was very happy about!

They sent me acans that they were selling on live sale for 10 bucks half the size and freshly chopped! The cyphaestra was 10 bucks not the same a huge rainbow stylo was a 10 buck small green one! It was all stuff that was going on live sale dirt cheap! Mostly acans I thought were high end but not even worth 10 bucks!

I was actually supposed to be refunded my eBay wins too but wasnt and we were going to start over on some! Right now I know if they shipped the 20 plus corals they owe me they would just die! To much at once! The 20 they sent threw off my dosing and most arent doing well and some have died! Total junk!

They are promising they will make up for it and send some high ends but If they would have refunded the ebay as promised I could have got a scoly for 120 from the after sale and thats was one he was saying he would send. I am going to shoot for a holy grail and more! If I dont just ask for a refund! I tried once before and they said no but maybe after this mess they might!

I could never get the manager to call back like promised. He was always busy and only talked a few minutes! I missed countless days of work waiting because I need to be in front of my screen!

If I could get what the order was it would be worth it because I literally stole some of the corals and nice big pieces tooo! Plus the freebies he has promised!

I have no idea what I should do! Probably try to get my money back! I have seen other post on here to of people complaining but It was about coloration!

Sorry so long! I totally went off on a rant LOL.

Apologies @Coral Kai

OP
OP
Coral Kai

Coral Kai

Coral Kai Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so sorry. I havt checked my messages for a while but my comment wasnt directed at @Coral Kai it was mainly at asd! They ripped my off for over 1300 maybe more! I have no Idea if they will even make it right! I had to take a step back because I was so stressed and have Chronns disease and this whole mess with them almost sent me to the hospital!

I should have saw it coming! The order was about 3 months old and started on ebay! I saw a huge Godzilla on their site and started adding more from there site! They canceled one of my ebay orders supposedly by mistake and thats why the order was so old. So we made a deal that they would send website purchases only because they were out of a mushroom I wanted and when they came in they would ship the other ebay items! Anyway the shipped it all. It was also corals I told him I no longer wanted since I had been waiting so long! I think maybe 5 were right out of 20 corals! They actually sent a massive colony of leprechauns I was very happy about!

They sent me acans that they were selling on live sale for 10 bucks half the size and freshly chopped! The cyphaestra was 10 bucks not the same a huge rainbow stylo was a 10 buck small green one! It was all stuff that was going on live sale dirt cheap! Mostly acans I thought were high end but not even worth 10 bucks!

I was actually supposed to be refunded my eBay wins too but wasnt and we were going to start over on some! Right now I know if they shipped the 20 plus corals they owe me they would just die! To much at once! The 20 they sent threw off my dosing and most arent doing well and some have died! Total junk!

They are promising they will make up for it and send some high ends but If they would have refunded the ebay as promised I could have got a scoly for 120 from the after sale and thats was one he was saying he would send. I am going to shoot for a holy grail and more! If I dont just ask for a refund! I tried once before and they said no but maybe after this mess they might!

I could never get the manager to call back like promised. He was always busy and only talked a few minutes! I missed countless days of work waiting because I need to be in front of my screen!

If I could get what the order was it would be worth it because I literally stole some of the corals and nice big pieces tooo! Plus the freebies he has promised!

I have no idea what I should do! Probably try to get my money back! I have seen other post on here to of people complaining but It was about coloration!

Sorry so long! I totally went off on a rant LOL.

Apologies @Coral Kai
No apologies needed … hope it all works out

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back