Connected tanks but with separated eels?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently not gonna be doing this setup, but I had this particular thought for the future, can i have 3 tanks connected into one sump and a fangtooth eel in all 3 of them? I found this cool since I would love to have a variety of eel's without them destroying eachother in one big tank but instead having about 3 separate 70-90 gallon tanks connected to one another through one sump

I had this thought because fish particularly predators can sense other fishes in the same waters and thats how they usually escape or show territory aggression, so can having 3 separate eels in a tank but with them all connected through one sump cause issues? Or do they need to have one separate sump for each of them without having the water connected?

This thought came to me when I first introduced a new eel to my especially aggressive tessalata and even before the new eel could meet the tessalata he already looked extremely stressed swimming around the tank until my tessalata noticed and confronted him with quite the bite, it was as if the new eel already knew that there was a more bigger and meaner eel without even coming face to face with it

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently not gonna be doing this setup, but I had this particular thought for the future, can i have 3 tanks connected into one sump and a fangtooth eel in all 3 of them? I found this cool since I would love to have a variety of eel's without them destroying eachother in one big tank but instead having about 3 separate 70-90 gallon tanks connected to one another through one sump

I had this thought because fish particularly predators can sense other fishes in the same waters and thats how they usually escape or show territory aggression, so can having 3 separate eels in a tank but with them all connected through one sump cause issues? Or do they need to have one separate sump for each of them without having the water connected?

This thought came to me when I first introduced a new eel to my especially aggressive tessalata and even before the new eel could meet the tessalata he already looked extremely stressed swimming around the tank until my tessalata noticed and confronted him with quite the bite, it was as if the new eel already knew that there was a more bigger and meaner eel without even coming face to face with it
Should be fine as long as they have their own tanks and cant get in the sump

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine as long as they have their own tanks and cant get in the sump
Thank you, but i would be really concerned about my actions and being a fish keeper if i even give way for that to happen, haha

Last edited:
Back