AnomMatty

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Monday(5/27) - Ammonia - 0.375, Nitrite 0.05, Nitrate 0.25
Tuesday(5/28) - Ammonia - 0.5, Nitrite 0.1, Nitrate 2

Have been dosing ~7.5ml of Ammonium Chloride each day.

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First addition today. Our youngest daughter has dubbed him 'Derpy Derek'

1000006619.jpg

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were pretty set on a clownfish (or pair) as first, and saw this guy in the fish store in the past 2 weeks. He was still there today, so he came home with us.
I think you guys will enjoy watching him almost as much as a clown pair. I've never had a flame but I have had a longnose and Falco. It's fun to watch how they perch and move around. They are a different dynamic to the tank. Some can be aggressive I believe so since he was added first you may wish to use an acclimation box when adding additional fish. Also, be careful with small shrimp as Hawks can prey on them (at least the ones I have had). Larger shrimp should be ok.

Awesome fish

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you guys will enjoy watching him almost as much as a clown pair. I've never had a flame but I have had a longnose and Falco. It's fun to watch how they perch and move around. They are a different dynamic to the tank. Some can be aggressive I believe so since he was added first you may wish to use an acclimation box when adding additional fish. Also, be careful with small shrimp as Hawks can prey on them (at least the ones I have had). Larger shrimp should be ok.

Awesome fish
Thanks for the heads up! We're not planning on any shrimp, though I know they can potentially be a menace to snails as well. Trying to be thorough with stocking and adding, so fingers crossed.

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derek has a healthy appetite, at least when it comes to frozen mysis. He eats freeze dried spirulina, but I believe the issue is it stays at the top. Absolutely 0 interest in pellets so far.

Have a small cuc, pods, chaeto, and a refugium light on the way.

Back