HELP! Chromis missing scales & has one pop eye

NOemotionsx33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I recently “re-set” up a tank that my boyfriend had, but I personally am a newbie to this. We set the tank up with 2 chromis, 2 platinum clownfish, & 2 clowfish & 1 yellow tang. Everyone is doing great, thriving but I noticed one of the chromis would stay in the corner in the back of the tank all day, we finally realized the other chromis was bullying it, so we purchased 2 more chromis to add to the tank. The chromis finally came out of the back of the rock & we noticed one pop eye, & it seems as if he had camo spots on him. I put it in a QT tank thats attached to the bottom of this fishtank. It does not seem to be white spots of any kind just more of like his scales have fallen off or something. Can anyone tell me what this is or what they think ?!

1FAC5E73-ABDE-4796-87AD-DE2D80B7E55E.jpeg 9EB0462A-5B21-4BB9-B230-B3419CF83E5D.jpeg E87E1D17-6C2A-4291-8D3C-4047AE38884D.jpeg A8F4F2AB-8B08-4228-BE6F-153CCBA83EDC.jpeg EBF12B33-980D-4343-BB56-E3AD9ADE5437.jpeg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Looks like aggression to me as well. Chromis can be tough on each other. You can try epsom salt for pop eye. The biggest concern with all the injuries will bacterial infection. Watch closely for signs of infection and supplement the diet with some Selcon or Zoecon if you have it.

OP
OP
N

NOemotionsx33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Looks like aggression to me as well. Chromis can be tough on each other. You can try epsom salt for pop eye. The biggest concern with all the injuries will bacterial infection. Watch closely for signs of infection and supplement the diet with some Selcon or Zoecon if you have it.
Thank you so much ! I figured, but yes I was also concerned it would get sick or something & didn’t know what I could try. I will try to epsom salt & the diet supplement if I see it show signs of infection.

OP
OP
N

NOemotionsx33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Question, will the epsom salt do any damage to corals in the tank ? is it safe to add to the whole tank or should I separate the chromis to do it. The scales are much better today but the pop eye looks a little worse. It seems as if it has some liquid in it.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all the other comments my only other suggestions is: If you have an isolation box, float it in the tank and place the chromis in there, easier for monitoring and treatment and worst case to remove.

OP
OP
N

NOemotionsx33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with all the other comments my only other suggestions is: If you have an isolation box, float it in the tank and place the chromis in there, easier for monitoring and treatment and worst case to remove.
I have actually heard of that, is it the same as an acclimating box ? I want to get one, I would assume it would help the bully chromis get used to the fish too right ?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back