I finally pulled the trigger on my 220ish in-wall Display with basement equipment room

OP
OP
Rappa

Rappa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this is precisely what i am planning for a few years time, we gonna remodel the house and i'm planning on a 4 sided lagoon style tank, bit like a kitchen island as a room divider. I've yet to bring this up with the other half though.. :)
That sounds super interesting! Not sure I've seen anything like that? I'm interested! Do you live in New Hampshire or in Hampshire?

Glowurm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds super interesting! Not sure I've seen anything like that? I'm interested! Do you live in New Hampshire or in Hampshire?
Sorry should have said that i loved the build thread and your back story almost as much as i enjoyed the final build.

Like you i have got a young family and commitments so the build is probably 3/5 years out as they are my priorities both financially and more importantly in terms of my time.

Based in the UK.

This store in Korea inspired me...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rappa

Rappa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry should have said that i loved the build thread and your back story almost as much as i enjoyed the final build.

Like you i have got a young family and commitments so the build is probably 3/5 years out as they are my priorities both financially and more importantly in terms of my time.

Based in the UK.

This store in Korea inspired me...

WOW I can see your inspiration! They are doing it right down there huh?

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it. The cycle of life/family is a natural one I would say! We, as husbands/wives and parents, naturally give our time and resources to the things that are "needed" and our "extras" or hobbies naturally take a back seat to the family priorities. After all... what good is a hobby like this if the rest of your life or family isn't stable, or your family has needs that aren't being met? It will only become a recipe for failure I suppose. YOU are doing it right, and I think your desire to do your build will come naturally to you when the timing is right. At least that is how it happened over here. My wife and myself have what we need to live somewhat comfortable, the house renovations are done for now, and my children have what they need... to an excess actually. So, my interest in the reefing hobby came back around in full swing at the proper time, with full support and encouragement from my wife. She was the one who actually got the wheels spinning again! There was a time where I thought it may never happen and I would get out of the hobby. I didn't force it though, it was always in the background, and it worked out pretty good. Thanks again and good luck!

Back