I love putting one over on the LFS!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband, who knows nothing about corals except that they make me smile... And sometimes cost a lot. When he went in the LFS one day to pick up food, he just happened to see that their frags were on clearance. He knew it was a zoa, but there it ends. He was so proud that he got one $6.50. (He gets points in my book for knowing it's a coral and trying to be involved... Some call it enabling. Meh... tomato, tomahto)

My wife enables me lol

My tank is looks great imo and I take a nice pic and show her my new coral and she is like “your tank is missing pink. You need to find something pink”

I’m like hmmm I do need something pink. I lack pink. I must fix this.

I find a light pink coral I like and show her and she says that’s really nice but I was thinking hot pink. So then I showed her another. She likes it. I said soooo….get the hot pink one? She said get both haha

Ok…both on the way!
FF228FA5-DA20-47A5-8F08-1FAF0BDDBB0C.jpeg

00901282-DF3E-40E7-9F24-F5F6A2C3CB4F.jpeg

OP
OP
SueAbu

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife enables me lol

My tank is looks great imo and I take a nice pic and show her my new coral and she is like “your tank is missing pink. You need to find something pink”

I find a light pink coral I like and show her and she says that’s really nice but I was thinking hot pink. So then I showed her another. She likes it. I said soooo….get the hot pink one? She said get both haha

Ok…both on the way!

And like I just said I'm another thread, that's why we love 'em. They just get us.....

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is Maine... It's all we get

I don’t have a true LFS where I live. Just a Petco and I wouldn’t call it an LFS lol. That’s disrespectful. Haha

I was born in Maine and spent quite a bit of time there. So I feel your pain haha

CKW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love when they have no clue what some guy ordered and some other guy mis-labeled....

They thought this was a green star polyp and wanted $70 for it.
Screenshot_20240426-160355.png

I showed them it was a galaxea... And the only other sign said LG frags $36.... So the kid said, "yeah, I'll let you have it for $36."

I don't know where all the good pics went. But the thing is 5" x 3" and I lost count at over 60 polyps.

Yay me!
Just remember that you need that LFS. It’s not smart to fool with the source of pricing

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife enables me lol

Ok…both on the way!

Wow! You've got a keeper there....both the corals and the wife.

OP
OP
SueAbu

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that you need that LFS. It’s not smart to fool with the source of pricing
Yup, good point. That's why I was honest with them. (I also pointed out their vermetid snails problem.) Being Maine, I'll see these "guys" often. (I also know that the one who probably ordered it transferred to another store). I used to work for a box store- different industry. I know they're bound by corporate pricing and probably have no issue with a regular person getting a good deal, because of it.

Back