Inkbird app interval can't be less than .3?

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the inkbird 306T wifi. I have a non wifi version as well but wanted something I can adjust without having to plug, unplug or open up cabinet during maintenance.

I noticed in the MANUAL mode on the ink bird I can set to 78 and set the differential value to even 0 (I have set to 1)

On the APP I can not set it between 77.8 through 78.2. anything at those values or between comes up with "interval can not be less than .3" I can set at 78.3 and higher or 77.7 and lower. What is the interval it is referring to?

Why does it not allow a flat 1.0 differential on app but on the actual inkbird you can and even set to 0. Further, what am I missing that I can't set to 78 and What does interval refer to?
1000000134.jpg
1000000130.jpg
1000000137.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cooling / heating interval.

Here are my settings.

1000006274.png

This works great. It allows for a couple degrees of fluctuation. But my fans never come on. So I get a 1 degree fluctuation. So in my case, the heater doesn't come on until I hit 78 (1 degree south of my set point.) then it heats to 79 and shuts off.

Cooling interval is the same but in reverse.

Attachments

• 1000006274.png
    1000006274.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cooling / heating interval.

Here are my settings.

1000006274.png

This works great. It allows for a couple degrees of fluctuation. But my fans never come on. So I get a 1 degree fluctuation. So in my case, the heater doesn't come on until I hit 78 (1 degree south of my set point.) then it heats to 79 and shuts off.

Cooling interval is the same but in reverse.
This won't work. This is just a small tank 7 gallons and no chiller or cooling. I can't set value to 78 and lowest variation is 1.3 degrees. I can program how I want manually but the point was for the wifi control. If I have to set manually I might as well send back the wifi and keep the manual. Trying to see if anyone knows what the issue and tip popup is referring to or had similar issues. But maybe putting in different mode may help

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This won't work. This is just a small tank 7 gallons and no chiller or cooling. I can't set value to 78 and lowest variation is 1.3 degrees. I can program how I want manually but the point was for the wifi control. If I have to set manually I might as well send back the wifi and keep the manual. Trying to see if anyone knows what the issue and tip popup is referring to or had similar issues. But maybe putting in different mode may help
Get the itc 308 wifi with a plastic probe and if you have to call inkbird They will help you set it up.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's an app issue. As I was able to set the temp in Celsius exactly. So it's something with the fahrenheit setting.
1000000139.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's an app issue. As I was able to set the temp in Celsius exactly. So it's something with the fahrenheit setting.
1000000139.jpg
There is a thread here where the inkbird guy talked about specifically that. It was something simple like C to F conversation. IIRC that was the answer, run it in F to have finer tuning.

OP
OP
Ben's Pico Reefing

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a thread here where the inkbird guy talked about specifically that. It was something simple like C to F conversation. IIRC that was the answer, run it in F to have finer tuning.
The problem is running it in F. Running it in C actually solved the issues for finer tunning. The only way to get F to work is to do manually on the unit itself. C seems to be working fine now. Just have to learn Celsius lol.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 145 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.6%
Back