Keeping Anthias fed without overfeed other fish

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tangs, 1 chromis, 5 anthias and 2 clownfish in my tank currently and I try to feed quite frequently and heavily trying to keep the anthias happy, but in doing so, I notice my 2 clownfish are fat AF with the belly really showing, and whenever they eat they balloon up even more. My tangs, anthias and chromis all look normal, not too skinny, not too fat.

I kind of want to put my clownfish on a diet seeing how fat theyve gotten, but how can I do so without sacrificing the diet of the other fish? I cant spot feed, or separate my clowns. Anyone have any suggestions?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The ones I had went after newly hatched bbs. The other fish will also but nearly as efficient…
Better is to dunk the bbs in phyto for 48hrs….
while I’m at it, this is absolutely the best way to dose phyto anyway (via gut loaded bbs) ….
Zero chance to over feed bbs

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think bbs will satisfy the hunger of anthias. Probably a good go-to to get non-eating anthias eating, but I doubt it will fill them up at all.

Preventing clownfish obesity is probably a lost cause, you can try semi-spot-feeding the anthias. I often do this with my Copperband, to ensure it gets a decent amount of food. Use a turkey baster and release food near the target fish, in your case, the anthias. That way they get first dibs, and hopefully a larger portion. The food they miss will feed the others.

Back