Skin tags/ white 3D growths on sharknose goby

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My sharknose in quarantine has these growths. Currently the QT has chloroquine phosphate and is about 5 days into the 39 day treatment, but these growths look very different to the white spot. What do you think?

Thank you

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lymphocystis. Great quality water and a wide variety of foods + vitamins, specifically Beta Glucan works well with Lympho.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lymphocystis. Great quality water and a wide variety of foods + vitamins, specifically Beta Glucan works well with Lympho.

Thank you, is this something that can transfer and infect a whole tank or does it just go away on its own with good husbandry?
It’s in a QT tank so I’d like to eradicate it completely before it goes to a main tanm
Cheers

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve read the thread and seen it’s contagious and untreatable. I’m assuming when the lymph’s go away the virus is still present? Is there anything I can do to not let the main display tank get infected with it?
Cheers

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, once the fish has the virus it will have it for life. So we manage the outbreaks of the virus presenting the spots.
Your questions are good ones.
Breeders and some hobbyists will isolate the fish if it presents. But for most of us enhancing the fish's immune system usually is the best path. The thinking is that when Lympho presents its because the fish's immune system is under some sort of stress. So we do our best with pristine water quality, a wide variety of foods + vitamins, low stress environment which could be stressors from both inside the tank and outside the tank.
Highly recommend you try the Beta Glucan.

OP
OP
PeterLL

PeterLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, once the fish has the virus it will have it for life. So we manage the outbreaks of the virus presenting the spots.
Your questions are good ones.
Breeders and some hobbyists will isolate the fish if it presents. But for most of us enhancing the fish's immune system usually is the best path. The thinking is that when Lympho presents its because the fish's immune system is under some sort of stress. So we do our best with pristine water quality, a wide variety of foods + vitamins, low stress environment which could be stressors from both inside the tank and outside the tank.
Highly recommend you try the Beta Glucan.

Awesome thank you for the response - so is either get rid of the 3 fish in quarantine, or infect the 3 fish in he display tank?
Looks like ill just have role with it and let it in the tank, and just feed well, from the sounds of it most fishkeepers have this in their tank anyway?

Ill have a look at feeding beta glucan for sure,
cheers

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 79 52.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back