_DSC9531.JPG

_DSC9544.JPG

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alan,

I tried to take a short cut to look up your V3 recipe: This is WHAT CHAT GPT came back with!!!

Alan Vo’s V3 Bacteria Brew is a specific recipe used by reef aquarium hobbyists to boost bacterial populations and improve water quality. Here’s the detailed recipe and directions for preparing Alan Vo's V3 Bacteria Brew:

### Ingredients:

1. **Rice Bran**:
- Used as a nutrient source for bacterial growth.

2. **Red Miso Paste**:
- Provides amino acids and beneficial microorganisms.

3. **Bacillus Subtilis Spores**:
- A probiotic bacteria that helps in breaking down organic matter.

4. **Distilled Water**:
- Ensures no impurities are introduced.

### Equipment:

- A clean, sterilized container with a lid.
- Measuring spoons.
- A small mixing spoon.
- A blender or grinder (for the rice bran).

### Instructions:

1. **Prepare the Ingredients**:
- If using whole rice bran, grind it into a fine powder using a blender or grinder.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of rice bran powder.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of red miso paste.
- Measure out 1/4 teaspoon of Bacillus subtilis spores.

2. **Mix the Ingredients**:
- In a sterilized container, add 1 liter of distilled water.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of rice bran powder to the water and mix thoroughly.
- Add the 1 teaspoon of red miso paste to the mixture and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Add the 1/4 teaspoon of Bacillus subtilis spores and mix well.

3. **Fermentation**:
- Cover the container loosely to allow some air exchange but prevent contamination.
- Place the container in a warm, dark place for 24-48 hours to allow the bacteria to ferment. Shake or stir the mixture occasionally to ensure even fermentation.

4. **Usage**:
- After fermentation, the brew is ready to use. Add small amounts to your reef aquarium, typically 1-2 ml per 100 liters (26 gallons) of aquarium water, daily or as needed.
- Monitor your aquarium’s nutrient levels and coral health, adjusting the dosage as necessary.

### Notes:

- **Storage**: Store the bacteria brew in the refrigerator to slow down the fermentation process and extend its shelf life. Use within a week for best results.
- **Observation**: Always observe your aquarium for any changes in water parameters or coral health when introducing new supplements.
- **Adjustments**: The recipe can be adjusted based on your aquarium’s needs and the specific strains of probiotics available. It’s essential to start with small doses and gradually increase if needed.

By following these directions, you can create Alan Vo's V3 Bacteria Brew to enhance the microbial balance in your reef aquarium, promoting better water quality and healthier corals.

I immediately set out making this and it smelled good enough that I tried it on myself. I can't believe it, but I am getting polyp extensions as well!!!! My hair is growing back!!!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
coral reeftank

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alan,

I tried to take a short cut to look up your V3 recipe: This is WHAT CHAT GPT came back with!!!

Alan Vo’s V3 Bacteria Brew is a specific recipe used by reef aquarium hobbyists to boost bacterial populations and improve water quality. Here’s the detailed recipe and directions for preparing Alan Vo's V3 Bacteria Brew:

### Ingredients:

1. **Rice Bran**:
- Used as a nutrient source for bacterial growth.

2. **Red Miso Paste**:
- Provides amino acids and beneficial microorganisms.

3. **Bacillus Subtilis Spores**:
- A probiotic bacteria that helps in breaking down organic matter.

4. **Distilled Water**:
- Ensures no impurities are introduced.

### Equipment:

- A clean, sterilized container with a lid.
- Measuring spoons.
- A small mixing spoon.
- A blender or grinder (for the rice bran).

### Instructions:

1. **Prepare the Ingredients**:
- If using whole rice bran, grind it into a fine powder using a blender or grinder.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of rice bran powder.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of red miso paste.
- Measure out 1/4 teaspoon of Bacillus subtilis spores.

2. **Mix the Ingredients**:
- In a sterilized container, add 1 liter of distilled water.
- Add the 1 tablespoon of rice bran powder to the water and mix thoroughly.
- Add the 1 teaspoon of red miso paste to the mixture and stir until it is fully dissolved.
- Add the 1/4 teaspoon of Bacillus subtilis spores and mix well.

3. **Fermentation**:
- Cover the container loosely to allow some air exchange but prevent contamination.
- Place the container in a warm, dark place for 24-48 hours to allow the bacteria to ferment. Shake or stir the mixture occasionally to ensure even fermentation.

4. **Usage**:
- After fermentation, the brew is ready to use. Add small amounts to your reef aquarium, typically 1-2 ml per 100 liters (26 gallons) of aquarium water, daily or as needed.
- Monitor your aquarium’s nutrient levels and coral health, adjusting the dosage as necessary.

### Notes:

- **Storage**: Store the bacteria brew in the refrigerator to slow down the fermentation process and extend its shelf life. Use within a week for best results.
- **Observation**: Always observe your aquarium for any changes in water parameters or coral health when introducing new supplements.
- **Adjustments**: The recipe can be adjusted based on your aquarium’s needs and the specific strains of probiotics available. It’s essential to start with small doses and gradually increase if needed.

By following these directions, you can create Alan Vo's V3 Bacteria Brew to enhance the microbial balance in your reef aquarium, promoting better water quality and healthier corals.

I immediately set out making this and it smelled good enough that I tried it on myself. I can't believe it, but I am getting polyp extensions as well!!!! My hair is growing back!!!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Lol that’s funny

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting new round of DIY concoction while I wait for my V3.

Try 2 - in clean 500ml beaker
300ml saltwater from mixing station
1 capsule beta glucan
1 capsule daily essential enzymes
1/4 tsp Reef Roids
1 scoop Coral Cane
1 tsp calcium carbonate
20 ml Acropower
1 tsp fish food (1/3 NLS Betta,1/3 NLS Marine, 1/3 Omega Veggie)
1 squirt Poly Lab Polyp Booster
100 ml Eco Balance
1 dose of dailies
4 drops vitamins
1 squirt Selcon

Added in the Calcium carbonate and 1 dose of my Moonshiners dailies. Hoping that the bacteria will ingest/absorb the elements making an even better path for getting them to the corals. Since I have to dose these daily, they should be the ones the corals most want.

Thoughts?

-Chris

IMG_4189.jpeg

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting new round of DIY concoction while I wait for my V3.

Try 2 - in clean 500ml beaker
300ml saltwater from mixing station
1 capsule beta glucan
1 capsule daily essential enzymes
1/4 tsp Reef Roids
1 scoop Coral Cane
1 tsp calcium carbonate
20 ml Acropower
1 tsp fish food (1/3 NLS Betta,1/3 NLS Marine, 1/3 Omega Veggie)
1 squirt Poly Lab Polyp Booster
100 ml Eco Balance
1 dose of dailies
4 drops vitamins
1 squirt Selcon

Added in the Calcium carbonate and 1 dose of my Moonshiners dailies. Hoping that the bacteria will ingest/absorb the elements making an even better path for getting them to the corals. Since I have to dose these daily, they should be the ones the corals most want.

Thoughts?

-Chris

IMG_4189.jpeg
I started adding some iodine, manganese and trace elements into mine.

Im no bright lightbulb with biology or chemistry but im not sure that adding tons of different stuff impacts the nutritional benefit of the concotion overall.

Food, carbon, enzyme, bacteria - essentially just culturing a concentrated bacteria solution and managing residual nutrients by less or more food.

Continuing to see some remarkable growth on my milli. Good growth all around. Cyano is starting to get worse, but i am also feeding more.

@coral reeftank does it make sense to dose carbon, to uptake the excess nitrates (25ppm?) ive been seeing as a result of going heavy on concotion? Po4 remains in check.

I have flow, alternatively would it make sense to do more smaller doses to reduce the cyano? I dont know much about cyano never had to deal with it.

Back