Sump size and advice

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help deciding on a new build upgrade for a IM 100ext tank and need help deciding on sump? Does bigger space matter, or having a reef matter. Rn I have a 75gallon tank with eshopps AR200 sump which is 30”x14”, skimmer, and refugium running. To save money can I use the same sump and buy a reefmat this guy is offering for $250 Or should I pass on roller mat. Or should I build one out a 40g breeder with Fiji kit which will be about $200 36”x18”. Also another person is selling a trigger 34 for $250 and can’t maybe fit the reef mat but will lose the refugium and another is selling Platinum 39” for $600 that has a mat but heard bad reviews and will have to change my ATO. I can decide

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a sump guy. Bigger the better. Never can have enough room for equipment or fuges or even an extra chamber for whatever you want plus the water volume. That said I stock heavy on high food demand fish and need the bigger sump.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second crabby48, the bigger, the better.I recently got Trigger Sapphire 39 for my 120 gal. My LFS advised me to get one without mat as apparently some customers were unhappy with quality of rollers. I do not have personal experience, but obviously guy would get higher commission on more expensive product. I am happy with filter socks.

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a sump guy. Bigger the better. Never can have enough room for equipment or fuges or even an extra chamber for whatever you want plus the water volume. That said I stock heavy on high food demand fish and need the bigger sump.
What do you have in it that benefits

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have in it that benefits
Filter socks or some sort of filter first. Then skimmer, reactors and small pumps for different stuff. I like big fuge area to remove no3 and po4 it also is very important as it’s a breeding area for pods to feed many wrasse and fish that rely on it. Then a return pump area. Wish I had one extra chamber for holding coral or display fuge with nice macro growing. The extra water volume helps to by keeping parameters more consistent

Back