The "She Said Yes!" 120 Gallon Build

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Holy coral batman! Been wondering what was happening with your system, looking awesome, haven't been getting updates as usual... stupid...so had to search you out!
I think my last phosphate swing took my similar branching cyphastrea out, removed off the rock and the darn thing has started to come back just where it had started to grow on the main rock!
I also recently got a red dragon acro, it instantly stripped and bleached during the dip. I don't know if its because my phosphate was still elevated but it was dead dead real quick, this same thing has only happened to some ponape birdsnest. This was dipping using coral RX with other acro in the mix and only one with this problem.
Looks maybe like in the Xanthid crab family, very interesting!
Glad things are coming along and your getting some coral in that tank!! Wahoo!!

Hope everything else is well with ya!

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Holy coral batman! Been wondering what was happening with your system, looking awesome, haven't been getting updates as usual... stupid...so had to search you out!
I think my last phosphate swing took my similar branching cyphastrea out, removed off the rock and the darn thing has started to come back just where it had started to grow on the main rock!
I also recently got a red dragon acro, it instantly stripped and bleached during the dip. I don't know if its because my phosphate was still elevated but it was dead dead real quick, this same thing has only happened to some ponape birdsnest. This was dipping using coral RX with other acro in the mix and only one with this problem.
Looks maybe like in the Xanthid crab family, very interesting!
Glad things are coming along and your getting some coral in that tank!! Wahoo!!

Hope everything else is well with ya!

I’m still battling PO4 stability. Ever since I was on vacation and my fleece roller was acting up I've been up to 0.3 or so, then down to almost zero, repeat. I had installed a GFO reactor and any time I replace the GFO my PO4 tanks. I need to replace the larger canister with a small one and just replace much smaller amounts from here on out. Good news is my NO3 has been steady around 6-7 :)

I started a thread about my Red Dragon and a few people mentioned that the tea tree oil based dips (Revive and Coral Rx) are both REALLY hard on acros, and that the Red Dragon is especially picky. I ordered some Polyp Lab Reef Primer (potassium salt based) to try instead. It's supposed to be really gentle on corals.

My pectinia is worrying me now but I'm not sure that was dip-related. That might be flow or nutrient swing related.

My birds nests are LOVING my system though. The polyps are ***** long and flowy :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

*edit* Ugh my pics/vids suck :rolleyes:

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m still battling PO4 stability. Ever since I was on vacation and my fleece roller was acting up I've been up to 0.3 or so, then down to almost zero, repeat. I had installed a GFO reactor and any time I replace the GFO my PO4 tanks. I need to replace the larger canister with a small one and just replace much smaller amounts from here on out. Good news is my NO3 has been steady around 6-7 :)

I started a thread about my Red Dragon and a few people mentioned that the tea tree oil based dips (Revive and Coral Rx) are both REALLY hard on acros, and that the Red Dragon is especially picky. I ordered some Polyp Lab Reef Primer (potassium salt based) to try instead. It's supposed to be really gentle on corals.

My pectinia is worrying me now but I'm not sure that was dip-related. That might be flow or nutrient swing related.

My birds nests are LOVING my system though. The polyps are ***** long and flowy :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

*edit* Ugh my pics/vids suck :rolleyes:

Birds nest is a beauty! Good info about the acro dip.

My pectinia both seem to hate much flow at all. Still battling to find a happy spot for them.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back