Waterbox 20 filtration/refugium question

ryreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a waterbox 20 cube and I’m wanting to start a refugium in the second chamber of my tank using an intank media basket. If I use this, what sort of filtration should I use in the first chamber? I’ve been using filter socks but I’ve read that filter socks are bad for copepods as they get trapped. Would it be smart to use an intank media in the first chamber and another in the second chamber for a refugium? And what filtration should I use in the first chamber media box? Thank you!

This is the link for for the media baskets: https://intankaquatics.com/waterbox-cube-20/

xDMike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the intank basket with filter floss in mine, I change it once or twice a week.

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I have a waterbox 20 cube and I’m wanting to start a refugium in the second chamber of my tank using an intank media basket. If I use this, what sort of filtration should I use in the first chamber? I’ve been using filter socks but I’ve read that filter socks are bad for copepods as they get trapped. Would it be smart to use an intank media in the first chamber and another in the second chamber for a refugium? And what filtration should I use in the first chamber media box? Thank you!

This is the link for for the media baskets: https://intankaquatics.com/waterbox-cube-20/
I'll second what the other poster said. I used the intank baskets for both the first and second chambers. First chamber I just used filter floss at the very top so it was even easier to change daily. Can use the rest of the first basket for your carbon or gfo or whatever

I didn't have luck using that second chamber as a refugium... Hard to get it lit without lots of light bleed

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back