AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller for Red Sea 170 - AquaMaxx

rusty dowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller for Red Sea 170 - AquaMaxx​

Bulk Reef Supply is no longer carrying this product. I have looked around to find replacement rolls.
Does anybody have any idea what I can use for a substitute?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That always bothered me about roller mats. Did you find anything yet? Can you order a few new ones and return the ones that don’t fit?

EGorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AF-RS170 Automatic Filter Roller for Red Sea 170 - AquaMaxx​

Bulk Reef Supply is no longer carrying this product. I have looked around to find replacement rolls.
Does anybody have any idea what I can use for a substitute?
I believe the Red Sea ReefMat 250 replacement rolls may work. I bought one and will be trying it to make sure when my current Aquamaxx AF-RS170 replacement roll is done. It shows width of 3.2" on the website, which is very close if not the same width to the Aquamaxx rolls.

Another option might be the Nuvo AIO mid/full size fleece roller replacements. The product questions page shows approx width is 3" so pretty close to the Aquamaxx. Make sure you try the mid/full size not the desktop size.

Aquamaxx says the rolls for the AF-RS170 are 3.5" but I believe it is actually closer to 3".

EGorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fwiw I was able to drop the AF-RS170 right into the drain section of my sump and connect PVC tubing to the overflow drainpipe, allowing me to have a fleece roller with no modifications to my OEM sump (except use of OEM ATO reservoir). You can get these for under $100 (albeit discontinued), quite the savings from others out there. Love the roller fleece units but couldn't justify $400+ on a unit.

Back