Anti-slip pad

Mizu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I started filling my tank with water and about half way through I realized I did not put the Anti-slip pad under my Fluval flex 32.5 gallon tank (its rimless). Is the pad required?

Would I have to take out the rocks and sand to pick up the tank or would just temporarily moving the water be sufficient?

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Just get it out of the way - rimless glass tanks aren't meant to not have a pad beneath, and you don't want the hassle of any warranty issues if there is mechanical failure of the tank later on with no pad. It's a pain, but you'll thank yourself long term

OP
OP
Mizu

Mizu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this stinks haha.. I think I can take out the water and rocks kinda easily... can I leave the sand in there and have two people pick up the tank for 5~ seconds and a third person slips the mat under, would that work?

cohojoe412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this stinks haha.. I think I can take out the water and rocks kinda easily... can I leave the sand in there and have two people pick up the tank for 5~ seconds and a third person slips the mat under, would that work?
Depending on your OCD that will make it harder to Center the mat under the tank but is likely fine. If you’re worried about getting the sand out you can just siphon it out with a small
Hose

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello, I started filling my tank with water and about half way through I realized I did not put the Anti-slip pad under my Fluval flex 32.5 gallon tank (its rimless). Is the pad required?

Would I have to take out the rocks and sand to pick up the tank or would just temporarily moving the water be sufficient?
The tank can exist without the pad. Just moving forward, check the tank level every 2-3 months.

Also please refrain from posting a common question as emergency. Emergency is someone in crisis situation who is losing fish or coral, has a chemistry issue or tank leak and needs immediate attention

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be ok as long as the sand isn't significantly heavy.

Back