Aquashella DALLAS TEXAS!

franklypre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel pretty confident in the fact Shawn will put on a great show again, think more MACNA dallas than next wave or coral fest, the freshwater side should be worth checking out too. We're driving 3 hrs to check it out, very excited

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the initial setup

initial.jpg

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone has a Solar Circus paly for sale. Been looking for one at the swaps for awhile now.

I see Brad has a booth so if you are looking for any of the popular, more expensive sps, he will probably have it.

Aquaholics4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget to check out my boy Bill from Eye Candy Corals out of Wisconsin at booth #218. Bill always has 3" fat plugs for a great price...true sleeper of the show. FJW <3 !!!

ichthy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had the money for both! I’ll be going to the Houston one

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had the money for both! I’ll be going to the Houston one

Just from the sheer volume of vendors, I would go with Dallas personally. I actually would consider driving down to Houston if the Texas Coral Fest wasn't the next day in Dallas. I went to the Houston show 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun. Of course my luck with raffles didn't improve down there.

ichthy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just from the sheer volume of vendors, I would go with Dallas personally. I actually would consider driving down to Houston if the Texas Coral Fest wasn't the next day in Dallas. I went to the Houston show 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun. Of course my luck with raffles didn't improve down there.

Tempting as that is, I already bought my tickets for Houston and got a rental car. I don’t think San Antonio ever gets anything. Hopefully I got enough raffle tickets. I never win anything.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tempting as that is, I already bought my tickets for Houston and got a rental car. I don’t think San Antonio ever gets anything. Hopefully I got enough raffle tickets. I never win anything.

Same hear. I spent around $500 on raffle tickets at the MACNA I went to and got nothing. Yet there were people around me that claimed to have only spent $40 to $60 and won multiple items. I think I spent $100 at Houston and nothing.

I may still talk myself into driving down to Houston. Most of the vendors at Coral Fest will be coming from the Houston show, so most of the really cool stuff will already be gone.

Gray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really excited about a show being this close to me in Oklahoma. Actually was looking at ticket pricing and may just make a weekend out of it! :D

ichthy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same hear. I spent around $500 on raffle tickets at the MACNA I went to and got nothing. Yet there were people around me that claimed to have only spent $40 to $60 and won multiple items. I think I spent $100 at Houston and nothing.
I may still talk myself into driving down to Houston. Most of the vendors at Coral Fest will be coming from the Houston show, so most of the really cool stuff will already be gone.

Yeah I bet they spend like over $800 on tickets. To me there really should be a limit on tickets cause not everyone can afford to spend a certain amount of money on tickets.
Last raffle I did, I spend like $60 bucks on the tickets and put them in for a tank set up and everyone there (30 people) said if they won it they would give it to me cause they didn’t have the room for it (150gal or something) this 9 year old won and his dad was one of the people who said they would give it to me. Kid screamed and screamed about keeping it. Even though the dad said no cause they didn’t have room- kid already had 6 tanks that were over 100 gallons each. Needless to say, the kid got his way. A month later, it was on Craigslist for a grand over the price asked by a store.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I bet they spend like over $800 on tickets. To me there really should be a limit on tickets cause not everyone can afford to spend a certain amount of money on tickets.
Last raffle I did, I spend like $60 bucks on the tickets and put them in for a tank set up and everyone there (30 people) said if they won it they would give it to me cause they didn’t have the room for it (150gal or something) this 9 year old won and his dad was one of the people who said they would give it to me. Kid screamed and screamed about keeping it. Even though the dad said no cause they didn’t have room- kid already had 6 tanks that were over 100 gallons each. Needless to say, the kid got his way. A month later, it was on Craigslist for a grand over the price asked by a store.

Unfortunately is does seem like most of the tanks won at these things end up being sold for a profit. Heck when MACNA was in Dallas there were guys going around to all the booths seeing if the people would sell their tanks cheap so they could then flip them. I've never put a ticket in a tank raffle because I know it is something I would not use.

ichthy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately is does seem like most of the tanks won at these things end up being sold for a profit. Heck when MACNA was in Dallas there were guys going around to all the booths seeing if the people would sell their tanks cheap so they could then flip them. I've never put a ticket in a tank raffle because I know it is something I would not use.

I don’t like people like that. I don’t know if I’m gonna sell my tank but if I do, I’m gonna ask what I paid for on the tank and maybe the sand, which is 2 bags. I’m not gonna ask anything on the stand cause one door screw doesn’t stay in the hole and the handle is broken on one end. With everything I have spent on my biocube it’s over $1,200. I’ll be happy with $300, if I sell it. I want a tank just for coral unless I upgrade I’m keeping it

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 95 54.0%
  • NO

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back