Badges, Badges, and More Badges! Which Ones Do You Want To Get?

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can make that happen for your signatures possibly but not a true badge unless rev approved of it…
I think it’d be a cool perk for a cool sponsor. Adam is by far the most engaging and participating sponsor on this forum, imo. I probably won’t win, but I always like to see others succeed. And that would be the icing on the cake for them.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to nominate anyone for the hospitality or excellence badge, I believe you can tap on the “report” button on their post, and explain why you think they deserve it. The “report” button is for more than just reporting bad things, it’s also for reporting the good. As from what I read from posts on here, anyway. Mods please correct if I am mistaken.
That’s what peace river told me when I messaged him… I can’t remember what we did back in the day when I was a mod… lol

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo…a badge for our particular coral type obsession ? Like “Goni hoarder” “Torch crazed” “Acro nut” etc?

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fully against this. Not politically correct and makes us brunettes feel excluded from being able to make all the silly comments we constantly make. Can we call it “I’m such a nincompoop” badge? Would feel more accomplished.
As you wish! The gray outnumbers the blonde, anyway..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Badges or not….I’m super thankful for you all! :)

Ps. We are looking to revamp badging, be more intentional and do some fun stuff with it. We know badges aren’t for everyone and that’s ok but for you who like them we hope we can make the whole process better!

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what peace river told me when I messaged him… I can’t remember what we did back in the day when I was a mod… lol
Thank you. I gotta remember to start reporting good things myself. Lots of awesome Reefers here, and they deserve their badges! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ps. We are looking to revamp badging, be more intentional and do some fun stuff with it. We know badges aren’t for everyone and that’s ok but for you who like them we hope we can make the whole process better!
Rut ruh... Dad's here...

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Boss alert! J/k! Hi Rev! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

britney spears glitter GIF

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I would like to see badges burn in a fire along with public post counts and follower numbers as one of the worst things to give humans. We have found how to ruin them in so many ways, both with the sense of pride we feel for having a bunch of badges (mostly earned by simply existing), but also because new reefers see the walls of badges and expect good advice.... Let me just tell you, there are certain people on here with badge walls who have given straight up deadly advice, and nobody has the guts to correct them cause they've got the equivalent of an R2R Purple Heart.

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo…a badge for our particular coral type obsession ? Like “Goni hoarder” “Torch crazed” “Acro nut” etc?
"Soft spot for softies"

Did I mention I'm recovering from surgery and well-medicated? Don't mind me....

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I would like to see badges burn in a fire along with public post counts and follower numbers as one of the worst things to give humans. We have found how to ruin them in so many ways, both with the sense of pride we feel for having a bunch of badges (mostly earned by simply existing), but also because new reefers see the walls of badges and expect good advice.... Let me just tell you, there are certain people on here with badge walls who have given straight up deadly advice, and nobody has the guts to correct them cause they've got the equivalent of an R2R Purple Heart.
I’ll correct them :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I’m not as good at words as @BeanAnimal but I’ll get my point across with a bunch of periods!………haha!

SueAbu

Forever Newb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fair, actually. Us newbs do see the pretty colors and think, "I can listen to that"... Then you meet the people who really DO know of what they speak and to whom you should listen.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Soft spot for softies"

care to share? lol im often told I need to be medicated

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a badge that says "relatively new to the hobby, but able to absorb information through books and other vetted sources"

:squinting-face-with-tongue:

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, some people may have egos attached to their badges for sure. As far as new Reefers, it will always be difficult to know who to trust for advice. That’s a journey most of us unfortunately take. Luckily for some, we find a mentor and group of locals to get a bigger sense of what to do, rather than just words and photos on a screen.
Also, anyone can feel free to correct me anytime, I’m also here to learn as well. I just usually ask for the “why”, so that I understand where I went wrong.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that’s fine in Maine, in South Carolina and anything stronger than aspirin is a felony
BTW, can I get one of those “green” “Reefer” of the month badges or do I gotta move to California ;)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back