Bare Bottom to Sand

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! So I have had my 40Breeder going for 4+ years as a bare Bottom I love it But long story short I got a bunch of coral,snails etc from someone breaking down a tank in this deal was a Conch so guess I will end up needing sand if when adding the sand do I need to worry about my hermits and other snails being buried etc?

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add sand just for that conch. If you're happy with your bare bottom and things are going well and your aquarium I wouldn't change anything.

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've kinda debated on but really dont want to go through the hassle of trying to re-home or get it back to a fish store for a small amount of credit either since I know it won't survive with BB

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I've kinda debated on but really dont want to go through the hassle of trying to re-home or get it back to a fish store for a small amount of credit either since I know it won't survive with BB
It may not survive in new sand either. There will be nothing for it to eat.
I added sand to a bare bottom so I could add a haddoni. I regret it . I love the look of sand but I don't know how people keep it looking clean. Mine always ends up with diatoms then cyano and never looks like the clean tanks I see online

OP
OP
J

John_A

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not survive in new sand either. There will be nothing for it to eat.
I added sand to a bare bottom so I could add a haddoni. I regret it . I love the look of sand but I don't know how people keep it looking clean. Mine always ends up with diatoms then cyano and never looks like the clean tanks I see online
Well I do have some stuff left on the bottom I could leave a little and ad sand

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Full frame

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • All of the above

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back