Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up using reef flux and it seems to have worked. Didn't notice any negative effects, used the dose for 10 gallons on a very stocked AIO 20 gallon tank.

JZM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, on the 17th I started treatment with fluconazole in my aquarium due to an explosion of bryopsis, I also have cyanobacteria and prior to treatment I changed the water and inhaled the cyanobacteria, now after 5 days I see that I still have cyanobacteria and I don't know if I should wait 14 days to finish the treatment or if it is better to vacuum it into a sock with perlon to retain it and return the water to the sump. What do you recommend? (four days after starting the treatment I put the sjçkimmer cup back on).
Greetings and thanks

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up using reef flux and it seems to have worked. Didn't notice any negative effects, used the dose for 10 gallons on a very stocked AIO 20 gallon tank.
I take it back, it's just barely come back

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The key to removing Bryopsis is to remove the roots. As long as roots are present, this stuff will keep coming back.
A dental pick or small crochet needle are excellent for root removal

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine did that, I used it one more time and I'm 100% briopsis free. I wouldn't be too worried about it. Unfortunately you're in for another dose I think.
Yep, doing a big water change first then round 2

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to confirm that treatment doesn’t kill mollusks or shrimp? I have a lot of snails and maxima and Crocea clams, as well as hitchhiker oysters and other bivalves. I don’t want these to die!

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
14 days in and seeing tons of algae die off. Still some "fuzz" where it was super bad, and a couple areas still have a bit more to go, but tons of progress!
Use a toothbrush and it’ll come right off. Make sure to do it while still under medication so it dies vs spreading

Fritz05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to the reports ReefFlux killed all the Bryopsis in my 65g without any negative effect on softies, LPS, SPS, snails, hitchhiker clam or shrimps (Candy Cane pistol, Tiger pistol, Skunk cleaner). I had an insane Bryopsis outbreak. Also, my Court Jester goby did eat Bryopsis (and is sad now), but of course he made no difference.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just to add to the reports ReefFlux killed all the Bryopsis in my 65g without any negative effect on softies, LPS, SPS, snails, hitchhiker clam or shrimps (Candy Cane pistol, Tiger pistol, Skunk cleaner). I had an insane Bryopsis outbreak. Also, my Court Jester goby did eat Bryopsis (and is sad now), but of course he made no difference.
it actually ate the bryopsis? i am shocked. mine didn't touch it, from what i was able to observe

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back