Cleaner Shrimp Missing

shananigans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I discovered yesterday that my cleaner shrimp has disappeared. I came home to find my banded shrimp had molted and then looked around for the cleaner and it's nowhere to be found. They have been living together in harmony for many months in my 55 gallon with plenty of live rock. I'm wondering if maybe the banded was uneasy after just molting and murdered him! Just tested my water and everything is fine. Anyone ever have something similar happen? I hate when stuff just disappears, drives me nuts :(

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had mine together for a long time when i had them with no issues. but i guess from what i understand thats not the norm. sounds like in general they arent easy to keep together, that the cb might kill the other.

joecoastie

Go Hokies!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought after they molted they are very timid (talking about the Banded Shrimp and shrimps in general) because they are susceptible to attacks until they new skin hardens. You would think you would see something of the Cleaner? Hopefully the cleaner found a good hiding place. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Joe

tekken

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I lost mine as well... was getting ready to buy another and then one day, say it... for some reason, it just cleans one rock...lol.. the one all the way in the back that is not visible... give it a bit longer and it most likely will turn up

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back