Fire tip anemones have lost firey colour.

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a heap of the most beautiful fire tip anemones. Now they’re dull in colour and not as big. They were brilliant bright when I bought them now they’re very dulled. Could it be too strong lighting or not enough food? Parameters are all fine except I use primed tap water as I don’t have RODI set up!
Before & after vid n pics.

IMG_3584.jpeg IMG_3575.jpeg IMG_3573.jpeg IMG_3572.jpeg

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have a serious aiptasia problem, they have a wicked sting and idk if that could play into your issues.

Otherwise your actual parameters, and lighting info will give some insight into why they look worse now than when you got them.

OP
OP
vienna

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have a serious aiptasia problem, they have a wicked sting and idk if that could play into your issues.

Otherwise your actual parameters, and lighting info will give some insight into why they look worse now than when you got them.
It’s a Red Sea nano. 50 watt Red Sea light set at blue 25% and white 50%. The aiptasia is a little out of control . I’ve got the aipstasia product to kill them but don’t have the dose injection to treat them. I’m not sure how to administer the solution. Maybe buy a 2 or 5 ml syringe. I will definitely start treating the aipstasia issue soon.

Back