OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Far be it from me to ever say anything BUT I think that Loc-line return would work better if it was pointed into the tank.

Single line into the valve below then into one line back to container other line to tank. Prest-o change-o.

A4C5B27E-ABFA-436D-88FC-EED58C10C0E9.png

it will be when the sump is in the stand. lol

ordered! Thanks! I’ll have to reduce it to 1 or 3/4” but for that price it’s amazing.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test for a different sump today and it will go in after I take off one door.

I am going to go ahead and makeup the rest of the water and start moving the sump and fish over.

be glad to have all the swapping around done

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here, just read the thread, quite the story. Your skills and stamina are impressive. Will enjoy following along.

Thanks. My wife says it's stubborness not stamina. Glad to have you along. Major updates to the setups to post in the next couple days.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, we have a date scheduled for the 187 pickup. 3/4

After that, the book shelves, TV and more art work go up and I can get my chairs out of storage!

I forgot to mention that the porter cable shop vac I bought last july burnt up already. OK so far, Stanley, Ridged (x3!), porter cable and kobalt all burned up in around 6-8 months. So, I spent quite a bit of money on a vacmaster commercial 14 gallon. It's literally called the beast and with good reason. I picked up a 29 gallon tank with it! I wish I had taken a photo. Might do it again just to get a snap. Anyway, this one has a lifetime warranty on the motor and 5 years on everything else. Maybe it will last.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find my good filter set for the iphone from Orphek. I want to take some pics. I moved about a third of the fish over.

All corals that could be saved have been dipped and moved.

Going to break down the skimmer now and clean it. When my buddy drops by, we are going to clean and move the sump and put the heater up in the display of the 187. I will do water changes every few days and reduce feeding on that setup. Until the fish are all moved, then just turn off heaters and only run a power head just to keep the smell down until it's picked up.

Should hold out for the next week and a half or so without issue.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the skimmer cleaned going to glue the acrylic elbow back together this afternoon.

Cross your fingers it works without leaking. Going to quick glue it with weldon 4 just to hold it together long enough to seal it with weldon 16 to fill small gaps and let it sit for a day or two before testing outside the sump just filled with water.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the skimmer cleaned going to glue the acrylic elbow back together this afternoon.

Cross your fingers it works without leaking. Going to quick glue it with weldon 4 just to hold it together long enough to seal it with weldon 16 to fill small gaps and let it sit for a day or two before testing outside the sump just filled with water.
Huff a little of that 16 for me! Oh, and good luck.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huff a little of that 16 for me! Oh, and good luck.

Funny you should mention that. Since the strokes, I HAVE to wear a respirator mask from 3M meant for painting cars when working with solvent welds. I get light headed much easier. In truth, I should have worn it all along.

I have gotten to wear if I am gluing more than a little piece of a 3d print with super glue and activator, I wear it as well. Better safe than sorry, even if it is later than it should have been.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, the water level in the tank is only 1/2" from the top not the 1.25" I wanted. I looks good but it's nerve wracking.

The return line sprung a leak in the middle of the hose somehow. I only lost about 1/2 gallon before I noticed but, I had to cut out fittings and redo it. It is now mostly rigid 1" pvc with about 2 feet of silicone hose to keep vibration down and reduce the number of elbow. Waiting for the PVC cement to cure now.

And, yes @crusso1993 , the loc line outlets were below water level!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an air leak where the pump connects to the skimmer. I’ll have to take it out and see what’s causing but it’s putting micro bubbles in the tank.

just about done with the ATO.

Next up is the water change setup. The three way valve got lost in shipping apparently and I have to wait until tomorrow to file for another one. I am going to use a mag 9.5 for it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three way valve got lost in shipping apparently and I have to wait until tomorrow to file for another one.
Things shipped to you seem to get lost a lot. I wonder why. Oh, wait, I forgot you live in Redneckville, AL!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things shipped to you seem to get lost a lot. I wonder why. Oh, wait, I forgot you live in Redneckville, AL!

usually they show up after the replacement and I end up with freebies. lol

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Air leak in the skimmer fixed I had dropped the o ring for the pump fitting. Found it and put it in.

ATO done and running.

Micro bubbles gone.

Cleaning the room after moving the desk down a bit to allow room for the lagoon/frag tank it’ll be cut down to 24” square soon so I better get the stand ready.

I have to get the uv hooked up too. Completely forgot.

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 76 53.1%
  • NO

Votes: 44 30.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back