Fish got here!

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after a couple weeks of setting stuff up, I’ve got my fish! 2 Darwin Clowns, and 1 Orchid Dottyback.
IMG_4782.jpeg
IMG_4781.jpeg
IMG_4780.jpeg

FellowSclownfish20270

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Keep in mind that DottyBacks are also known for jumping out of your tank.. so make sure to have a lid above your tank because I have made that mistake before and the next morning I found mine on the floor..

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Keep in mind that DottyBacks are also known for jumping out of your tank.. so make sure to have a lid above your tank because I have made that mistake before and the next morning I found mine on the floor..
Yeah, I have a glass lid, he’s already tried to jump out of the acclimation bucket..

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on the new additions!
I’ve just added them to the tank. The clowns seem happy, they’re actually already together. But, the dottyback is being a bit weird. I’m guessing that it’s just stress
IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_4784.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just added them to the tank. The clowns seem happy, they’re actually already together. But, the dottyback is being a bit weird. I’m guessing that it’s just stress
IMG_4785.jpeg
IMG_4784.jpeg
dotybacks like to dash and hide alot. could be some time before its willing to openly swim around the tank with you by it.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say I should feed them tonight?
you can try offering a little food, the clowns will most likely eat, the dotyback might not come out of the rockwork until you walk away

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try offering a little food, the clowns will most likely eat, the dotyback might not come out of the rockwork until you walk away
Is my flow too much? From the picture above, the clowns have pretty much stayed the same. And if they try and move it kinda looks like they’re struggling? I don’t know for sure

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my flow too much? From the picture above, the clowns have pretty much stayed the same. And if they try and move it kinda looks like they’re struggling? I don’t know for sure
Let them acclimate. They have to figure out the ocean... They will figure out your tank.

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just got back from school, and I was looking at my tank. I can’t find the Dottyback anywhere, I have no CUC yet, so it wouldn’t be gone that way. I’m just guessing he’s somewhere in the rock work?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just got back from school, and I was looking at my tank. I can’t find the Dottyback anywhere, I have no CUC yet, so it wouldn’t be gone that way. I’m just guessing he’s somewhere in the rock work?
Yup, hiding, common for these

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's just clowns being clowns. They're not the most... graceful of swimmers. More of a waddle, really.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back