OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
SKA Jackpot - Growing well since I last took photos, definitely one of the nicest rainbow tenuis out there.
HPxkXkB.jpg

RR Orange Passion - This mini colony has become insanely bright. I've grown this piece in the past and never pulled this good of colors. I've always thought SCOP is the better OP hands down, but this mini colony of RROP is pulling brighter colors than SCOP. I guess my parameters are perfect for this particular coral right now.
5bpr7wE.jpg

RMF Jared's Fuego - Also branching out nicely since my last update. Another top notch rainbow tenuis.
q8dZ5rX.jpg

RRU Angry Birds - I haven't fragged this one yet. It's a nice blue tenuis with red polyps, I've never figured out why it warrants such a high price. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice tenuis, but I think there are more colorful ones out there for less money. Just my opinion.
fBdmSe4.jpg

TGC Acrolandia - Coming along nicely, I can see it's potential, I think it has a lot more to give color-wise as it continues to grow out.
QgxxLz3.jpg

JF Jolt - This piece is growing well again since I almost lost it a few years ago. I'm still trying to get the crazy red and yellow polyps back. From pics I see online a lot of others also struggle to color it up to it's full potential. I remember seeing Jason's mother colony a few years ago and when it's colored up to it's full potential it's downright amazing.
VzLd5b4.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RMF Lucky Charms - I think it's still my all-time favorite rainbow tenuis. This is the largest colony I have growing currently. The colors in the branches are nice, but I think the best colors are found in the mature polyps. See the close up of the encrusting base.
ZNJvPZl.jpg

dAIhvIx.jpg

TCK Superstar - A nice tenuis from TCK. It's shifted colors on me a bit as it's grown out.
RTrcgrG.jpg

TCK Wildcard - Another nice rainbow tenuis from TCK, finally throwing a lot of branches.
kBGP4vf.jpg

TCK Thunderbird - Coming along nicely.
9kpfvIq.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rainbow Smoothie - This was a frag I got as a no-name or lost the name of it. It's one of the absolute nicest acros I own. Has developed insane colors over time in my system. Unfortunately it grows very slowly, this is the only piece I have. I almost lost it last year when the base started to recede. I cut it an fortunately it had recovered. I'm hoping it grows a bit more so I can cut some frags for backups.
0JX9yQf.jpg

VF7PgDv.jpg

RMF Snapdragon - Interesting piece from RMF. People think it's Fox Flame when they see it, but if you put the two corals side-by-side it's without a doubt a different coral. It has some copper and green undertones that don't show up on Fox Flame.
t7kFubR.jpg

RMF Tiger's Blood - This piece is growing well and the grafting it has developed in my system has continued to spread. Probably my favorite and bets colored of the yellow-bodied red-polyped acros (pink floyd, diabolic pacman, afterparty, etc). I have them all and it's just a bit brighter than the rest, especially with the grafting. You can see the grafting better in the close up pic.
VZEOlI5.jpg

0rnPQpO.jpg

CRT Limit Breaker - Another beautiful acro from Hung. Picking up pace and branching nicely.
mokJUtG.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
CRT Kickass - When I first got this frag I have to admit I thought it was just PC Rainbow with a new name. That kind of thing happens way too much in this hobby. It has the same growth pattern, but as it turns into a colony it develops some colors you don't see on PC Rainbow. Rather than being predominately red, it's more of a bright pink. And then it also develops this mint green branch base color. I actually sold my only colony to another hobbyist a couple years ago and grew this back out from a frag I kept. Lucky for me it's a good grower, not quite as fast as PC Rainbow, but definitely pretty quick.
H7mBh1J.jpg

lJLHn7a.jpg

BC Bonfire - Coloring up nicely, very similar to Aquaticman.
XklbuEw.jpg

RRC Rainbow Table - this coral looks best as a mini colony. You get the pink body transitioning to blue in the new branches with a bright green base. Once it reaches tabling size it is pink in the center with a blue outer ring of new growth, very pretty, but you miss out on the green base as it will typically shade itself like most tables do.
OkIfuhA.jpg

CRT Zerbert - This piece has disappointed me a bit color wise. I haven't been able to pull nearly as nice of colors out of it as Hung does. For some reason the older growth turned green on me. I have it under T5s, maybe it's time to cut a chunk and blast it under blue LEDs.
rs3Lrj5.jpg

BC Honeycomb - A classic from Battlecorals, really good grower once it reaches this size.
0xz6W2U.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
RR Fruitopia - I'm really starting to enjoy this coral more as it reaches colony size. It's very cool how it transitions in the center out to the growth tips from green to pink to purple to blue with some orange hues along the way.
xfIgV22.jpg

TGC Planet of the Apes - Another nice piece from TGC / CRT (Hung).
bBofuCb.jpg

CRT Joyride - Growing out nicely, picking up pace, going to make a super nice looking colony.
U3Y5iBG.jpg

BC Hawaii - This ones very pretty but I should have photographed it under whites. It doesn't have much fluorescent pop, but has some beautiful pastels under whiter lighting.
ubfoMIs.jpg

IC Cyclops - Probably the brightest yellow acro I have. Starting to fill out nicely.
ZGDTZ2x.jpg

POTO Optimus Prime - Updated pic of this colony. The frags I put under G5 Blues have been absolutely glowing.
AFJZJ2z.jpg

CRT Retribution - Another one from Hung. About 2 years of growth from a frag to this small colony.
iTdOJO0.jpg

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Your coral are amazing. Hope to get on this level someday.
Can you post your tank parameters?

Thanks! Sure, not a problem. I try to keep things as simple as possible. I have three systems but run them all with similar parameters:

Alk 7.5-8.5
PO4 0.10-0.15
NO3 1.0-2.5 (I'd like to get this a bit higher, been feeding a bit extra and started using a bit of oyster feast in one system to see if I can gradually increase it)
Salinity 35.0-35.5 ppt
Ca 420-450
Mg 1300-1400
K 400

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing amazing job!!!

docwells

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Sure, not a problem. I try to keep things as simple as possible. I have three systems but run them all with similar parameters:

Alk 7.5-8.5
PO4 0.10-0.15
NO3 1.0-2.5 (I'd like to get this a bit higher, been feeding a bit extra and started using a bit of oyster feast in one system to see if I can gradually increase it)
Salinity 35.0-35.5 ppt
Ca 420-450
Mg 1300-1400
K 400
Thanks for the information.
I am shooting for similar parameters. Tank is still young so it is a work in process.
Would love to buy frags from you later once get tank where I want it, which I hope will be soon.

OP
OP
gws3

gws3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You have got to show me a FTS. Can you tell me your settings on the Radions?

This is my larger display tank under blues.

I run different radion profiles based on if and what I'm supplementing them with. On the 300 gallon in the pic below I also run t5 blue plus and reefbrites. On this tank the radion profile is:

Cool White 60
Blue 100
Royal 100
Red 100
UV 100
Violet 100
Cyan 50
Lime 50

1648394197320.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back