Great deal on lunar led light setup - AT COSTCO!!!

Reefkeepr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a great led setup at Costco a few days ago. Finally a lunar led light setup that will give the aquarium light racketeers a run for their money.

It looks like it will make a great lunar light system. Plus, because of the dimmer, it can be bumped up to (probably significantly) supplement whatever other lighting system you have on your tank, although I don't think it can support a reef by itself obviously.

This light is incredibly flexible - can add foot-long sections (up to 6). It has a wireless switch with an adhesive mount (I mounted it on my stand), and has adhesive mounts for the led tubes as well (although I am going to use ties along with the adhesive just to be safe). Each foot-long section has 6 led lights, so for $30 you get as much as 36 leds.

Here is a link to the exact same product, although Amazon.com is selling it for $49.99, and you can get it at Costco RIGHT NOW for $29.99.

Sorry to sound like an infomercial, but I have been frustrated with the lighting companies and what looks to me like a monopoly that they are enjoying. Good for Costco!

Amazon.com: Pelion Link Light LED Lighting System Remote Controlled 6 Feet of LED Lighting - Includes: 6 Light Bars w/ 36 LED's: Home Improvement

CookieJar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got something like those from Ikea and they aren't anything more than moonlights, no PAR from them. The ones you listed are only red color, the ones i have you can press a button and change from red to blue to green to white. If you're looking for red moonlights what you listed might be a good solution. Plus LPS corals don't extend their tentacles as much with blue moonlights as the do with red.

OP
OP
R

Reefkeepr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got something like those from Ikea and they aren't anything more than moonlights, no PAR from them. The ones you listed are only red color, the ones i have you can press a button and change from red to blue to green to white. If you're looking for red moonlights what you listed might be a good solution. Plus LPS corals don't extend their tentacles as much with blue moonlights as the do with red.

Red??? Trust me - they're set up in my tank and they are definitely white...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back